x

Transfer my domain from Wix to Square

Hi, I'm having real trouble trying to transfer my domain from Wix to Square. Wix are asking for the IPS tag for Square. Can anyone tell me what that is please?

Message 1 of 13
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Transfer my domain from Wix to Square

Glad to hear it's working now @kmleisure! Since you have just transferred the domain, you'll need to wait for it to propagate properly. This should take around 48 hours and the site will be come secure afterwards. If the site still isn't secured after 48 hours, please let me know and I can take a further look into this for you. 

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for clarifying, @kmleisure! At the moment, you won't be able to transfer in .co.uk domain with the Square Online site so IPS tag will not be necessary in this case. Instead, you can just connect the domain to your Square Online site by updating your domain records. 

To connect your domain, please follow the steps outlined here

Tra | she/her
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Admin

Hi @kmleisure, thank you for reaching out!

Depending on the domain you are looking to transfer, the IPS tag may not be necessary. Can you let me know if you are looking to transfer a .co.uk domain or a standard .com domain? 

Tra | she/her
Message 2 of 13

Hi, its a .co.uk domain.

Does it make a difference as I can purchase the .com domain if it makes it easier.

Message 3 of 13
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for clarifying, @kmleisure! At the moment, you won't be able to transfer in .co.uk domain with the Square Online site so IPS tag will not be necessary in this case. Instead, you can just connect the domain to your Square Online site by updating your domain records. 

To connect your domain, please follow the steps outlined here

Tra | she/her
Message 4 of 13

Hi, thanks for that. I need to just connect my domain then. Wix are asking for two things to change, they are -

A (host)                  

Host name and Value

CNAME     

Host name and value

Can you tell me what i need to put down?

Thank you.       

Message 5 of 13
Admin

Hey @kmleisure, to connect your domain to Square, you won't need the CNAME either - just the A records will be sufficient. For the A records, they should point to 199.34.228.164 as outlined here

Tra | she/her
Message 6 of 13

Hi, ive got it working now.

How do i now make it secure (https) with the padlock on my site.

Message 7 of 13
Admin

Glad to hear it's working now @kmleisure! Since you have just transferred the domain, you'll need to wait for it to propagate properly. This should take around 48 hours and the site will be come secure afterwards. If the site still isn't secured after 48 hours, please let me know and I can take a further look into this for you. 

Tra | she/her
Message 8 of 13

All sorted now, thank you so much for your help.

Message 9 of 13
Admin

That's brilliant, glad I could help @kmleisure!

Tra | she/her
Message 10 of 13
Beta Member

Im having similar problem. I have followed all steps and nothing has changed yet. don't know what im missing

Message 11 of 13
Admin

Sorry to hear you're running into the same issue @BR321! Can you share a link to the website with me โ€” I can definitely take a further look on my end here. 

Tra | she/her
Message 12 of 13

An IPS tag, or "IPS Tag/Provider Tag/Registrar Tag", is a short code that identifies the registrar that manages a particular domain. It is used by the registry that manages the top-level domain (TLD) of the domain (such as .com or .co.uk) to route incoming transfer requests to the correct registrar.

Square may have their own unique IPS tag that you will need to provide to Wix in order to initiate the transfer process. You can contact Square's customer support or check their website to find out what their IPS tag is.

Message 13 of 13