x

1st gen square stand has broken off lightning connector…will it still connect to drawer,etc?

Needing to replace iPad due to the broken connector piece on stand and iPad .

Tried everything and know that stand nor iPad are fixable.

I am just outside of warranty Year and already have printer, drawer and reader.

MY QUESTION: do I need a new square stand or will my accessories still work? Like does the lightning pc broken on square stand inhibit the use of the other equipment?

i know I’ll have to charge iPad separately instead of on stand but I’m wondering if the stand is what makes all the equipment talk to each other?

Basically, trying to get my desk back up with as minimal costs and headache as possible! 

thanks in advance for your help!✌️🧡☺️

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hi @Heidi4hair.  I’m assuming that your printer, drawer and scanner are connected via the USB hub, right?  If so, they they won’t work since the hub needs to communicate with your iPad via the lightning connections.

However, if you have a wireless printer to which your drawer is connected, AND if your scanner is Bluetooth, everything should be fine.

So, unfortunately, my answer is “it depends.”

Best,

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 2