x

Do email receipts store customers for coupons?

I have an email marketing campaign that is active for first time customers. I have been collecting customer emails by offering the receipts to be emailed. I noticed that only 2 marketing emails have been sent, but I sent around 15 email receipts today. Does the email receipt store customers into the directory for marketing campaigns, or do I have to add the emails manually for a mailing list?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

@CharmCitySno you are correct that sending a digital receipt will put your customers on your reachable customer list in the Directory. When you are sending the marketing emails, how many customers are marked as reachable for you? Is it still only 2? 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

I have 89 customers reachable, with 22 marketing emails delivered. What makes a customer reachable vs. not? If I send an emailed receipt, are they automatically reachable? If not, how can I instruct customers customers to adjust the settings to revive my coupon offers?

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Reachable Customers are the people in your directory that you can contact by email. This list combines customers you may have imported or added that have email addresses, customers who signed up for your mailing list via Email Collection Tools, and customers Square has added based on their engagement with your business.

Square automatically adds profiles to your Reachable Customers group when a customer:

• Visits your business at least once in the last 12 months
  • Pays with a credit or debit card
  • Elects to receive a digital receipt via email

A customer must meet these three criteria to be considered Reachable.

You won’t be able to see customers’ email addresses for these types of profiles, but you can reach them through a Square Marketing campaign or Direct Messaging from your online Customer Directory.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

Thank you for the information. I guess this leads back to my original question; why am I only seeing a small fraction of my reachable customers receiving the marketing emails? 

Message 5 of 5