x

How to get categorized library items to show on POS app?

(1) Is there a way to get categories and items created in Virtual Terminal to show up in the POS app?

(2) If the answer to (1) is yes, will the categories and items show up in the POS app for other users linked to my account?  They use their phones to make charges and do not have access to my Virtual Terminal sign-in.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Hi @BilingualSLP - The Virtual Terminal is an online portal that allows payment processing without the POS app. 

Are you asking if the Categories created in Square Dashboard > Items will sync to the POS app? 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

I also have a question about this.  I created over 150 items in square online.  I learned later that categories don't sync.  So, now I have nothing in categories that I can pull reports on.  Do I have to manually go into the Dashboard and create categories again?  I don't understand why that one thing doesn't sync.

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

Thanks for writing in @lgurasich! Yes, you'll need to manually create them in Dashboard as well. 

Justin
Message 4 of 6

Justin, I have created a category with items in it on my dashboard, but they do not show up in my Square POS app.

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

Hmm, try signing out of the app then back in. As long as you're signed into the correct account, categories created in Dashboard will sync to the POS app. 

@BilingualSLP

Justin
Message 6 of 6