x

Timecard function overstating labor cost?

I am noticing an issue with the Timecard function. It is adding fractional pieces of labor to my employees timecards where they did not clock in and out of Square. As a matter of fact one employee had .52 hours of labor added as a lone entry on a day when our store was CLOSED.

Overall, her labor hours due to this glitch accounted to an overstatement of 2.14 hours over a 2 week period. If you just look at the aggregate payroll report to do your payroll, the business owner is overpaying labor costs. WRONG!!!!  The system also does not allow you to  choose a work week start time on the 1/2 hour. We start at 1030 and only choice is 10 am or 11am. 

BAD IDEA.  Also, it doesn't let you show an end day to work week. Example:  We start our pay period on a Sunday and end on a Saturday. This FUNCTION ALSO does not allow this selection. 

If you are going to offer a timecard option as a selling point for your POS system, then darn it, it should be FLAWLESS for the business owner.  I have been overpaying labor costs for several weeks now. I am not happy about that. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi @jt57,

It sounds like the employee may of clocked in on the wrong day to me.

There's not a way for timecard entries to be created on their own but I would reach out to our direct CS team for a closer look. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2