x

["discount api","discount api"]

Can we create coupons automatically from Square API?

We are using Square APis, and want to allow Square merchants to create coupons automatically from our system. Is that possible?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi there!! Welcome to the Seller Community!

There’s a Catalog API which will allow you to add discounts to your orders/payments. So…theoretically this is possible, but Square can’t create “coupons” per se…you would need to create discounts in your own dashboard (or via Catalog API), and apply the discounts when you want (so your own logic).

This link talks about discounts in the Catalog for our APIs if you have a chance to read it: https://developer.squareup.com/docs/catalog-api/design-a-catalog#discounts

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

Thanks for the reply.

So if we create Coupons via the Catalogue API, will these be accepted at the physical POS AND at the Square online payments we will implement in our website? 

Basically, if end users receive coupons created by the Catalogue API, we want them to have the option to either use it in the POS physical in-store or online via the Square embedded online payment solution.

Let me know please

thanks

Message 3 of 6

There’s no formal concept of “coupons” within Square itself. You can create a discount in your Square Dashboard (or via API), and use it anywhere just like a normal discount. I.E: you could add a discount to a POS order, or add a discount to an online order (using Orders API).

If you want an actual “coupon” (like something you can send to customers), you would need to build out that functionality yourself; Unfortunately, Square doesn’t do any of that for our sellers, and cannot do it. I would strongly encourage you to join our developer channel if you want to continue the conversation: https://squ.re/2Hks3YE

This will give you access to our API team who can help you step by step along the way. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 4 of 6

I didnt know about this community, great, thank you for sending me the Slack link, I joined.

Thanks again for your answers

Message 5 of 6

Anytime! I'm happy to help! 🙂

AshleyK
Message 6 of 6