x

Access to POS on mobile phone

Hi Guys,

Our business/Club uses Square register, terminal and stand. At the present time we don’t differentiate between different staff/team members. If I want to get extra volunteers up and running quickly and flexibly on their own personal mobiles with the POS app, what do I have to bear in mind regarding security? I haven’t yet tackled Team Permissions - it looks a bit complicated! Is this the way to go or is there a simpler way to ensure security (?device codes/access codes) so that I don’t have to give them the main admin login? 

Any advice much appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hi @MarshfieldCC, thanks for your post 🙂 

Team Management can take a second to get your head around, but once you get it up and running it's actually very user-friendly. 

I would suggest for you create one shared permission set for your team members so they will all have the same access. If you want your team members to have different permissions, i.e. Katie can see reports but Joe cannot see reports, then you'll need more than one permission set and that would require a Team Plus subscription

I would suggest you start with the following: 

1. Add your team members in Staff > Team and follow the prompts on the screen. 
  2. Create a shared permission set and toggle on and off what access you do and don't want available. Screenshot 2022-10-27 at 08.51.17.png
  3. Create a team passcode. Screenshot 2022-10-27 at 08.51.54.png
  4. Enable passcodes on your devices (Apps, Terminals, etc) (More > Settings > Security > Passcodes) 

During the set up you'll be prompted to create an owner passcode too for yourself, which will have full access. Then you and your team will be able to use your retrospective codes and permissions will differ when logged in. 

If you don't want to use a universal team passcode and prefer individual codes per person, that can also be set up when adding your employees and the steps are here. I know it's a long article but you'll find as you go through it it's not as complicated as it seems. 

I hope this helps! However, if you do get stuck, please tag me here and I can help or call our support team directly, we all have lots of experience getting these things set up. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 2 of 3

@Breffni thanks ever so much for the very quick response. That sets out the Team Permissions process logically and clearly for me… maybe it isn’t as complicated as I first thought! I’ll work through the different steps and if I have any further questions I’ll be sure to let you know. Thanks once again for being brilliantly helpful! 😊

Message 3 of 3