x

Square POS/retail adding square online or a new website and none of our images sync/scale

The images either do not sync or sync but do not render/resize like all other website platforms do automatically. When we sync with ECWID or Woocommerce, whatever we add to Square POS, they both scale and render perfectly. When you have 1200+ products we do not have the time to create new images each time.

IS this a bug, software issue or are images auto resized/rendered not supported on Square online? We have just looked at a pilot with Lightspeed and ECWID and they are brilliant. We would sooner not move but we want to close our woocommerce website as the square/woocommerce sync is too unreliable for our products and to eliminate that use square online for our website. However the early experiences of square online is terrible, the images render so badly they are a disgrace to the website world and customer experience.

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey @BeerGunVio, thank you for flagging this, and I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your website. I'd be happy to take a look.

Just to clarify - is your website built on WooCommerce or Square Online? Could you share a link to your website here? I'll be able to investigate this further if I can see how the images are appearing. 

Thanks!

Message 2 of 4

Beerginvino.square.site

Is our square online.

We wish to you but the image issues is horrendous. Our woocommerce site www.beerginvino.com and ecwid pilot site all work fine.

Thanks

KD
Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for that, @BeerGunVio. I'm checking in with our product teams to see if there is a better way to render or resize images using Square Online. I'll get back to you once I have more information. 

Message 4 of 4