x
Beta Member

Show stock levels on Terminal and App

Hi all, I'm just getting my head around managing my inventory on Square.

I'm wondering if it's possible for the current stock level of an item/variation to be displayed on the Terminal handset or app.

At the moment, I can only see if a product is in/out of stock, but I need to be able to see how many are left in stock.

That's because I have an instance of each of my products in a display case and I only sell the displayed version when it's the last one I have. If I have more than one in stock then I keep the others behind the counter.

So at the moment, each time a customer wants to buy a product then I have to manually check behind the counter. If Terminal could tell me how many I have in stock then I wouldn't have to do that.

And there have been times when I have missed that I have items behind the counter and sold the display item meaning I have stock that isn't on display and that only comes to light when I do a stocktake.

So I wonder if I am missing something, or is this a feature request?

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @KAJD 👋 

Thanks for your post and sorry for the delayed response. 

It may be that you are looking for something different but on my Square Terminal, when I head to More > Items > Select Item > Price and Inventory - I can see the inventory/stock levels for my items. 

I wonder if you were just looking while adding the item to the basket? In those cases, you won't see the stock level, but I do agree that it would be handy if you could see it on that screen - so that you don't have to navigate to different screens/pages. 

I hope this helps! 

If you have any questions, please tag me to make sure I see your reply. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content