Square Go: the free Square marketplace app for local beauty and personal care sellers.
Hi Sellers! 👋
Meet Square Go! Our free marketplace by Square Appointments helps your existing clients easily manage and rebook beauty & personal care appointments, while attracting new clients through search capabilities.
Square Go is built on top of Appointments. It integrates directly with your existing calendar, services, and staff settings. No need to change anything about how you are accepting and managing appointments today.
How does Square Go work?
- Customize your profile: Square Go builds a profile for your business based on your current Square Appointments settings. You can review your profile and add photos of your business and staff here, to stand out to new customers.
- Attract new customers: New customers can discover your profile inside the app and book you directly. You’ll still receive appointment requests directly in the Square Appointments app, the way you normally would–so you don’t need to download or manage an additional app.
- Make rebooking with you easier: Your existing customers can download the client app, to view, manage, and rebook appointments with you.
How will Square Go help your business?
- We see up to 23% higher rebook rates and 55% lower no-show rates among Square Go users
- 200K clients have joined Square Go since we launched
- Many sellers are seeing the app save them time, including Abrenlie Rivera from Abrenlie's Artistry who told us: "Square Go has helped my clients book, cancel, and reschedule appointments way easier and faster than having to look for my booking link or sending me a message asking to book."
- Learn more about Square Go
- Watch our Square Go Demo: Setting Up Your Square Go Profile
- View our live recorded Seller Community Event Recap and Q&A hosted by the Square Go team.
You can also reach out to our team at email@example.com for additional questions or feedback.
What a great idea! It is similar to Groupon and SpaFinder, minus the price-gouging promos! How do you plan to entice users to download the app to get involved?
Is there going to be a confirmation button option at some point? None of my clients are confirming because there’s nowhere to confirm on the app. I love it other than this feature that’s definitely missing.
I meant this question in regards to the SquareGo app. There’s no confirmation button on the app. When my guest receives their confirmation text, they click the link & it takes them to the SquareGo app but there’s nowhere to confirm.
We have quite a few clients who use the Square Go app to make and maintain their appointments. We noticed that they leave reviews and feedback ratings as well through the app. We can't actually read them...we can see that they are 5 stars but we can't actually review what they are saying. Adding that feature on would be great because we use our reviews on our social media pages to attract more clients 🙂
Hi @Stacelyn24 , thanks for reaching out! If you are receiving notifications that your clients are leaving 5 stars but are not seeing a review, that means that your clients are rating you 5 stars but not leaving an additional qualitative review. When they do, you will see what they have to say within the same notification.
We're glad to hear that you are getting such positive ratings. On our end, we'll keep working to encourage clients to leave more in-depth reviews. Thanks for your feedback!
I'm not a fan of square go and have immediately disabled it. It disrupts my current booking flow, but more importantly it disrupts my marketing funnel.
Let me explain, customers come to my website then routed to the app to the book - while in the app they are shown COMPETITORS to my business. Why would I use advertising dollars to route potential customers to my business to then route them back to an app that square controls and advertises my customers to my competitors!?
This is the same reason I dont link to instagram from my website, you are sending the customer back up the funnel and possibly exposing them to competitors.
I imagine the big picture is that square will eventually start selling advertising on square go where us vendors can pay to be "boosted" to the top of local listings. - But this will happen only AFTER square has stolen our existing clients by encouraging them to use the square go app. Then they will charge us to advertise to those clients and the top bidder (possibly your competition) will have access to those clients.
Don't fall for this people....
Hi @Innerglo , Thanks for reaching out and so sorry to have disappointed you! We built Square Go to help businesses like you. The app is free for businesses who use Square Appointments and free to their clients. We've built it first around making it very easy for your clients to manage their bookings and rebook with you (we provide rebooking prompts to clients to encourage this). We see that clients using Square Go rebook with the same provider 23% more than clients who are not using Square Go!
As you noticed, we decided to include a marketplace component to help new clients find you and your clients find new services in other categories. We see this as an additive function and do not want to move your clients away from your business. We don't see clients moving away from the businesses that brought them to Square Go today and will be keeping a close eye on it over time.
And as you've found, you are welcome to "turn off" Square Go. If there is anything we could do to help you get excited about Square Go in the future, please do let us know.
"We see this as an additive function and do not want to move your clients away from your business."
Right now there is no mechanism to stop clients from leaving my business to competitors on the square go app. By default it shows competitors. Until this conflict of interest is fixed I will not route customers to the square go app.
Why was it decided to cater to personal care & beauty? Why not any company that uses booking features? Plumber, HVAC, House Cleaners, Detailers, Computer Repair, and pretty much any service industry?
Perrone Technologies: The Computer Shop
Hi @PerroneTech , thanks for reaching out! We are actively working on expanding the business types in our marketplace and will additionally relay your message to the team. Thank you for your feedback!
Thank you @lthalheimer for the Square Go announcement and detailed information.
I've updated my Square Go profile and look forward promoting Square Go when my services (website design consultation) meet the criteria.
Hoping you can help with some questions:
1. Can the services list be re-ordered?
2. Can the location address be hidden?
The location type is set up as Mobile, but the address is showing.
3. When will Square Go be available for Android?
4. Can we preview the app interface with our profile information (if we are not yet eligible/activated)?
Screenshots are attached for reference.
Square Online seller, website designer and artist