x
Square

Artificial Intelligence: What do you think of the technology?🤖

Hi everyone!

We’re here to provide you and your business with simple, powerful tools. We’ve been investing in artificial intelligence and curious to get your thoughts on the technology:

• What do you know about artificial intelligence? (Absolutely no right/wrong answer here!)
  • What do you think of the technology?
  • What are you excited about regarding AI? What are your worries and hesitation?

Looking forward to reading all your replies!

Angela T
Product Marketing Manager
Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50

As long as it can do seating charts, slave inventory, run trends, make suggestions - but I wouldn't want it anywhere near any actual control feature, where it was actually able to get near my finances or my books, or make any real change without approval. it could make submissions to a draft set of books I could review before approving them as official maybe. My thing is, if you have ai then absolutely anybody can download your entire business and rob you completely and what are the benefits to my business compared to the risks? I don't see many. It reeks of gimmick and nightmares to me really.

Message 43 of 51
Beta Member

If the right people create and design A.I. properly and dont miss any details that will ruin mankind than its a good thing

Message 44 of 51
Beta Member

The thought of Artificial intelligence been around for decades being portrayed in film undertaking a multitude of actions to better life for humanity but the same films also portrayed AI with an opposite approach, one that threatened the very existence of humanity with the possibilities of AI becoming super powerful and smart enough to destroy life as we know it. It would be humanly convenient to have AI wake you up in the morning, give you a bath, make you coffee and breakfast, wash your clothes, take care of the bills, mow the lawn, feed the pets along with a bunch of chores you have to do and it all gets done with out you lifting a finger! That’s technology to die over, and we could pretty much get there. I can’t wait for what AI is about to discover, and have faith that AI will be an added companion for the human journey.

Message 45 of 51

The use of AI I have seen so far has been helpful in some ways as an aid to obtain structured data prior to writing reports - as long as you understand the data and it’s accuracy. I have also seen how quickly it is used to write speeches, presentations and even Etsy listings,  My concern is in how this could diminish creativity. I would also be concerned about plagiarism. We are probably at a point when the search for the “making of break fluid oil” for example and its recipe/formula, methods ,description is standard coming from AI , and eventually many other creative human activities  will be diminished. I am hoping we will take the opportunity to work on new more challenging creative projects and use AI for the known projects.. 

Message 46 of 51
Super Seller

All I can think of with AI is what Hollywood has showed us. Its wild. 

I just love people, but the thought of AI and the advancements it makes in medical and science fields is amazing. 

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

https://www.lovewellteaandcoffee.com/
Message 47 of 51
Super Seller

Similar to the industrial revolution and the advancement of assembly lines and mass manufacturing, AI is going to optimize systems and grow productivity. It will not be without its downfalls, however. I have seen this already impact jobs even at a grocery store level and at the bank. I am leveraging AI so I don't need to hire a receptionist 6 days per week. AI & Web3 are already here.

I am excited about AI but those that are in jobs that may be optimized out by AI may need to transition out of their current jobs. For the aging workforce, I worry. I do believe, however, the number of jobs being optimized out by AI will be added to the economy.

When I was growing up, I heard a teacher say "the job you kids will have in the future doesn't even exist yet". They were right, and I never forgot it.

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 48 of 51
Super Seller

I replied earlier in the post that we wasn't using AI. Since that post we have started using AI for photos. Our customers sends us photos for our website, facebook and display screen we have up.  Some of the backgrounds are not really that god, so we have started using AI to remove the background, then type what we want to background to be and it shows us several photos with our desired background. I is pretty wild to type in   barn with cows or a playground and all of a sudden you have several photos to choose from.

Randy Fulk
Korie's Kloset
Big Bows & Sassy Clothes.
Message 49 of 51
Beta Member

I never signed up for AI or the free trial. I am getting emails from customers asking if we have class on Friday nights and on Sundays.

I am seeing an automatic response telling them that we do, but we do not do night classes, and we are closed on Sundays. How can I stop this from happening, I try to delete it and write over it but it sends the wrong answers to the customer. This is not good for business.

John W

Colors of Glass

Message 50 of 51
Square Community Moderator

Hello @colorsofglass I am sorry you are having issues AI, and it's causing some confusion with your sellers. Can you provide a screenshot of the replies being sent out? 

Message 51 of 51