x
Admin

Do seasons impact your business? If so, how? ๐Ÿ‚๐ŸŒทโ„๏ธโ˜€๏ธ

Hiiiiiiiii Seller Community! Hope everyone is having a lovely Wednesday wherever you are.

Today I'm wondering...

Do seasons impact your business? If so, how? Are some seasons more profitable than others? Is your business strictly seasonal?

seasons.gif

Can't wait to read your responses! ๐Ÿค“

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 1 of 91
90 REPLIES 90
Super Seller

When the season changes, I feel there is a sort of readjustment period for restaurant guests. It takes about 1 to 2 weeks. 
Itโ€™s like everyone is readjusting their daily routines. 
It mostly adjusts our normal busy pops, where they can be more scattered through out the day. 

Feta Whisperer [ insta: 86feta ] [ fb: greekbelly ]
Message 85 of 91
Super Seller

Holiday season is stronger for the gallery, November is our biggest month due to our holiday sale, small business Saturday, and gift certificate purchases.  February tends to be our highest month. Summer camps book in February and we have an annual Valentine's date experience booking and our month tends to be the 2nd biggest of the year.

Deanna [they/them]

MudFire CEO | Square enthusiast

Visit me at MudFire online
Message 86 of 91
Beta Member

Christmas is the best time of year for me. Although, this year has been a little slower. I expected that though. 

Message 87 of 91

Seasons definitely impact the tire business. In the summer tires tend to pop more. In the winter not so much. Also the holidays play a huge part in our business. We are slow from first of november to income tax time. Then the summer and we are popping again! (pun intended)

Message 88 of 91
Beta Member

Absolutely!

With our native plant nursery here in zone 8 North Carolina the weather determines the seasonal aspect of this business.

Plants sell like crazy from the March 15 starting gun which is coming up soon.

Meanwhile,  is there anyone else in this community who is in the garden center business and how do you keep sale up during the winter?

Message 89 of 91
Super Seller

Our season is from late January to September. Outside of that, October, Nov, Dec, Jan, we focus our efforts on building for the next year, we become more project based versus service based and get to switch gears! I am a big project person so there is always something to do and I think my staff enjoy it.

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 90 of 91
Super Seller

My business is very seasonal as my top product is Oyster Ornaments.  I spend the year preparing for holiday season. I don't mind it because I also have another full time job! 

Message 91 of 91