x
Admin

Women in Business: How do you push through your biggest business doubts?

The countdown to International Women’s Day, March 8, 2024 has begun!

Although I hate to admit it - it’s often said that some women can have more self-doubt, so this week we’re asking the following question:  

How do you push through your biggest business doubts?

Looking forward to reading your tactics and tips. Click Reply to get started.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Super Seller

I start by journaling. Alex Hermozi has a great practice where he has a conversation with his +10 year old self; in 10 years, we are much more level headed and have a lot of grace for ourselves because we lived it. There is no one with the same motivations as ourselves so this has been a great way for me to overcome doubts.

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 2 of 18
Admin

Love this, thank you @Bronze_Palms!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 3 of 18
Admin

Oooooo!!! This intrigues me, @Bronze_Palms . Do you find time to journal every day? Really curious how you mix it into your routine

️ Hailey
Seller Community Marketing Manager
Square Seller Community
Message 4 of 18
Super Seller

I tell myself I need to journal every day for at least a minute. I try to do it first thing in the morning, but sometimes I will have time between clients to jot stuff down when I have a second on scratch paper, when I get home while I am cooking or after a workout. Just whenever I get to it - it is a great self love practice for me and keeps me centered. Would highly recommend.

Message 5 of 18
Super Seller

Remind myself that I doubted starting my business but here I am 12 years later.

My Girlfriend's Wardrobe est. 2012

Preston & jayne est. 2023

Downtown York Pa

Square user since 2012
Message 6 of 18
Admin

Thank you for sharing - and congratulations on 12 years in business! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 7 of 18
Admin

That is such a great trick/tool @alexandriak! Reflecting on how far you have come and finding that "proof" that you can do this. You are DOING it!  

️ Hailey
Square Seller Community
Message 8 of 18
Admin

I can speak from experience as a woman business owner AND a woman working at a business (because i think the doubt still applies) - I have always found that having a network of other women who are also in business, who you can lean on for support and advise, is essential. COMMUNITY if you will 😉 

Also, having women mentors to look up to or look at. So so helpful. Women role models 💖 

Does that resonate with you too @alexandriak @Bronze_Palms @Helen @nika @isabelle @tranguyen ?

️ Hailey
Square Seller Community
Message 9 of 18
Super Seller

agreed!!

My Girlfriend's Wardrobe est. 2012

Preston & jayne est. 2023

Downtown York Pa

Square user since 2012
Message 10 of 18
Admin

100% @Hailey — I'm a firm believer in how you are only as good as the community around you and I've learned so much (and continuing to learn everyday) from the women in my life. 

When I'm in doubt, I always say to myself: you'd regret not taking action or doing it more than not doing it. Nothing in life is guaranteed or will ever be perfect, so just do it even if you are scared! It's something I'm trying to get better in 2024 as well. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 11 of 18
Admin

LOVE THIS TRA

️ Hailey
Square Seller Community
Message 12 of 18
Super Seller

I agree. Having a group of other female business owners with the same mission is really motivating. I do find, however, someone has to be the one to bring the positivity because it is VERY easy to talk shop and let the convo go negative. Owning a business is not easy!

Message 13 of 18
Super Seller

I really try not to get excited... if there is something I'm feeling anxiousness around I look to peers or other people that have gone through it before me for advice, guidance and/or inspiration. Frankly, unless people are doing some type of specialized skill like literal rocket science or painting a masterpiece.. I'm pretty confident in my ability to figure things out. If other people do it, I can do it too.

Oftentimes we blow things up in our head- would-haves and should-haves.. we compare ourselves to others.. I think having awareness around when that is happening and what is "real" and what isn't, is incredibly important.

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 14 of 18
Admin

Love this @DLRosenberg and totally agree.  "having awareness around when that is happening and what is "real" and what isn't, is incredibly important."... SAY IT LOUDER!!!! 

️ Hailey
Square Seller Community
Message 15 of 18
Super Seller

I loved your reply and the part "if other people can do it, I can do it too."  I so agree! 

Message 16 of 18
Super Seller

I do a lot of research when I'm starting something new.  On how I can make it unique to me, what happens if it doesn't work...how can I evolve and make it better.  After basically mapping it out...it makes me feel 1000 times better.  Then I tell myself if I didn't feel anything about it (a little anxiety or fear) then it's not or wasn't big enough 🙂

Message 17 of 18
Super Seller

Try to think about all the fantastic products that you love. I bet you some of those people who came up with those ideas/products had doubt. Its ok to have doubt, but just know that sometimes you have to move ahead and let the doubt take a back seat. Once you start seeing progress that doubt will continue to fade away. You got this!

Message 18 of 18