x
Admin

How do you approach growing your offerings?

Hey everyone!

ICYMI: Square recently released the Future of Commerce 2024 report. This report will give you inspiration, tactics, and tools to future-proof your business. Make sure to download your copy here.

According to the Future of Commerce 2024 report, expanding your offerings is the key to unlocking Gen Z consumers, 78% said they would be interested in offerings outside of traditional services. Businesses are now looking to grow their offerings with in-person classes or at home DIY boxes to encourage more in-person connections.

How are you planning on growing your offerings, if at all, this year?

Excited to see your replies!

Max Pete
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Seller Community
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Super Seller

Expanding services is always something we are looking at.

For us, it seems like Gen Z is very experience focused. Even when sending product via e-commerce, they want a beautiful opening experience. We gift wrap, we throw in candy, beautifully created post cards and stickers... We love providing them an experience even if they aren't shopping in-store.

We are trying to add as many DIY kits as we can. They do require a TON of work putting together but they are super well received.

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 2 of 16
Admin

@DLRosenberg Spot on about focusing on experience! My wife makes DIY kits too, definitely can relate to how much work it takes for these!

Max Pete
Seller Community
Message 3 of 16
Super Seller

It seems like the products that go the most viral are the most laborious to assemble 🤣

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 4 of 16
Admin

Tagging @essentialnails & @Doran for their insight on this!

Max Pete
Seller Community
Message 5 of 16
Super Seller

We have started to free painting lessons and simple furniture repairs and staining classes on Sundays. We are retail furniture store but we do have painted furniture and upcycled furniture for sale as well.  Our customers are loving it! They love that old heavy duty well built furniture from the 70s but just not loving the color and want to paint it or stain it a different color. They bring their piece into the store and I offer all the information and supplies that they need. I had to limit it to 25 only because the response was so overwhelming! I ❤️ to see how excited they are and they are amazed that they could do it so easily. It's been great for both of us as they shop while they're there as well! It's a win win but it makes my heart seeing them work at it and the end results! I am glad you posted this! Thank you!

Message 6 of 16
Admin

This is so amazing and congrats on the success too!

Do you have any pictures from these lessons or finished products? Would love to see!

Max Pete
Seller Community
Message 7 of 16
Super Seller

Hi @maxpete we are always reviewing our current products and services. We periodically do market reviews and look for customer feedback. We try not to introduce new without some level of discontinuation, so the two go hand in hand for our business. We have to look for some level of assurance that the new introductions will outperform the old planned discontinuations.

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 8 of 16
Admin

Very smart, this is a great example of using feedback and data! 

Max Pete
Seller Community
Message 9 of 16
Super Seller

I try to live by the rule of "It is ok to not have it, once". Listening to my customers is #1 I started 4 years ago with 25 products and now have over 1600 items. If someone asks for something and I don't have it, I want to ensure it doesn't happen again. Get that item or something similar. When I started I thought I would sell raw food and treats only, but the customers are the ones spending the money....

Message 10 of 16
Admin

Great example JT! It's always fascinating from seeing what was originally planned to what products you carry today. 

Max Pete
Seller Community
Message 11 of 16
Super Seller

I would love to introduce a monthly style guide.  I have work out all that will entail though.    

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 12 of 16
Admin

Ohh excited to learn more about this!

Max Pete
Seller Community
Message 13 of 16
Super Seller

I'm currently in the process of analyzing every brand we accept on consignment AND also looking for the current popular brands to add to our accepted list. We'll also be focusing on accepting more of the top sellers (by $$, by # sold, and by turn over) so we're always offering our customers the brands they want.

My Girlfriend's Wardrobe est. 2012

Preston & jayne est. 2023

Downtown York Pa

Square user since 2012
Message 14 of 16
Admin

This sounds like a great plan to grow your offerings and revenue!

Max Pete
Seller Community
Message 15 of 16
Super Seller

thank you!

My Girlfriend's Wardrobe est. 2012

Preston & jayne est. 2023

Downtown York Pa

Square user since 2012
Message 16 of 16