x
Admin

Do you use TikTok to advertise your business?

We made it to Wednesday y'all! 🎉

Today I'm wondering....

Do you use TikTok to advertise your business? 

giphy.gif

Why or why not? Would you suggest other business owners use it? 

Can't wait to read your replies 🤓

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54
Beta Member

Have not used it yet but, we're looking into it - we do use other Social Media resources such as, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Yep, Vimeo, Pinterest, Flicker, etc.   Other than jump right in and give it a go, any specific advice as to where to start ?

Thanks - JK 😎

Message 22 of 55

I have not done anything on TikTok.  Where I live I have crappy internet and cell service is all over the place.  I am also a one person operation with a full time job on top of my crafting and am somewhat fearful that I would get a gazillion orders and not be able to fulfill them.

#jensjewels12837

Message 23 of 55
Beta Member

yes i most certainly do! but not via paid advertising though. example: i am able to go live on there. so i scheduled my event im having in my shop also as a live via tiktok-- and within that created, scheduled event, i created a tiktok video using the graphic i am using for the event on other platforms. this tiktok video has the info, background music, and allows people to register to be a part of the event from home. also, they can register to 'be there' (watching as a live or in person in the shop). 

and because of the latter? you can see how well the event is being received.

and another tip--- any tiktok you create after scheduling the live, you can then link the event info etc to all tiktoks you make!

it has helped a ton!

Message 24 of 55
Beta Member

btw my tiktok is @rachelgpalmistry  

i use the account for my shop and also my palmistry

Message 25 of 55
Super Seller

Just followed. Question. We havent used live yet- how do you schedule a live. Do you have a business or creator account?

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 26 of 55
Beta Member

you have to have at least 1000 followers to be given the ability to go live on TikTok. but i really want to emphasize something else--- you can actually cross post the tiktok videos you make to youtube shorts minus the tiktok logo. look into it! the 15second videos get the most views when you do that. (side note-- what does that say about society that our attention is held for 15seconds?).

Message 27 of 55

Now the Reason(s) that We @ Web Wise Blactino Studios(SM) DON'T use Tik Tok (R) is the simple fact that We were told that it is very Racist toward companies like ours and the simple fact I am both QUEER AND MINORITY, I or my businesses would "NOT" be a good fit for it and its Community Standards and the last time I looked I am also and many like me is a TRUE Part of this same Community, so at this time I and my numerous business will stay out of TIK TOK(R) for now - We are a Wait And See Type of Company - SO WE WAIT.

LDS - CEO😎

Message 28 of 55

Hello,

I just wanna let you know from my experience on tiktok, the community is very welcoming to those who are lgbtq+ and those of all races ♡

- Makayla

Message 29 of 55

What does your company consist of? I'm just curious because I see all post from all different types of people, places and things. I would try it out for yourself, and not take advice from people that aren't going where you are. No two experiences are the same.

Message 30 of 55

Yes we use it, we post occasionally but it brings great awareness, we have 188k followers and 5.1million likes on the videos, only takes 2 mins to post, but then we make ice cream and thats a popular subject on tiktok 

Message 31 of 55
Super Seller

Followed! 

Dina

Message 32 of 55

We're having fun with it. Feel free to follow @OBPBooks 

OBPBooks
Message 33 of 55
Super Seller

Followed!!

Dina

Message 34 of 55

We don't as a business but the business has been featured on TikTok videos by other users.  Friends and family have alerted us to the fact that our store was in a post etc.   The posts are more about the experience of the area including our shop but I think it only helps our business to be discovered by more people.   I have no idea about using it personally for advertising though, but it is a growing platform for all ages.

Heather

Message 35 of 55

I initially started my TikTok out of boredom but quickly realized how it can be an excellent business tool. Due to reasons beyond my control I had to stop with everything, but I plan on making a come back focusing on my services and get my followers to 10 to 15K by December 1st. 

Message 36 of 55

Here is question for the TIk Tok users with 10k+ followers...how the heck did you do it? Pay $2k for boosting? I mean, we pay like $20 for 2 days of boosting and it has a big effect, so obliviously dumping a ton of cash into tik tok will reach a lot more people. But what are your other tactics? how much do you spend on it? We want to grow a bit!

Message 37 of 55
Super Seller

Hi! 
we started our acct in November of ‘20 on the advise of Gary Vee. Seriously- he has great biz advise and if you aren’t already listening to his Marketing in the Now on YouTube I highly recommend. 
we grew by being completely US and not trying to be perfect. We talk about what we know and try to not jump on trends. We niched down. To a certain extent you need to know how TikTok serves content. It isn’t in order - and older TikTok’s can be recirculated on FYP… so recreating what seems like the same content over and over isn’t really terrible because it isn’t served in order. We own a metaphysical show that sells primarily crystals- we do crystals 101 content all the time.. even tho we have addressed it before. 
we have spent no money on TikTok boosting but it is definitely going that way on the app. 

Dina

Message 38 of 55

Thank you for advice, I'll check into that.

Message 39 of 55

I don't believe in paying for follower. If you can invest the and some money you can grow quickly. I attended other people lives, became a moderator for accounts with 10k or more followers ( was fortunate to become a moderator for an account with 150k followers). Gift when you are in lives and comment regularly on accounts you follow etc. Be authentic, vulnerable and kind. Also, if you go live be useful!!

Those are a few tips

Message 40 of 55

Will do for sure. TY

Message 41 of 55

Yes, I would suggest other business owners to use TikTok because it's a way to advertise to the new generation and a great way to communicate to individuals and Shine some light on your company.

Message 42 of 55