x
Admin

Have you tried email marketing? ๐Ÿ“ง

Hey Seller Community! ๐Ÿ“ˆ

Have you tried email marketing? ๐Ÿ’Œ

If so, was it successful? How so? If you haven't, why not?

โฌ‡๏ธ Reply below โฌ‡๏ธ

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Super Seller

YES! I use email marketing a lot. I do see an uptick in store visits right after I send out an email update. I usually use it as a way to summarize my weekly communications in Facebook. Here's my "technique" I usually do when creating an email marketing communication. I'll post most frequently (daily sometimes) on Facebook, but a lot of my customers are not on Facebook. So when I create a new email for my customer list, I'll summarize what I talked about on Facebook since my last email. This works as both a review for people who are on Facebook, and new content for those who are not on Facebook. I'll also attach a special offer or coupon just for email subscribers.

But I find it's tricky to keep a balance of just the right amount of emails...too many and you'll get unsubscribes, so make each communication unique and valuable.

Note: I wish seeing/editing segments of customers on the Marketing email creation area was easier to use. Many of the auto-generated groups of customers overlap, so I don't find it intuitive to select what groups I want to send out to. Just a minor issue, but overall I'm happy with how the email marketing tools work.

Message 2 of 15

Marketing is the best way to get your business attention that it needs, marketing on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and more. I market for emails and for future consumers but, the most difficult is getting them to sign up. A great way to receive promotions and discounts on purchases. 

Caretha L Russell
Message 3 of 15
Super Seller

Yes, but we don't use it super often right now. In the frustration of finding a second space - we are currently waitlisted to the point where getting more signups feels icky. So, currently, we only use it for larger events around holidays, summer camps, etc - we get far fewer unsubscribes with Square and a much improved open rate. It is also easier to grow our list than when we used Mailchimp in the past. We have used it to give out promo codes with good success as well.

Deanna [they/them]

MudFire CEO | Square enthusiast

Visit me at MudFire online
Message 4 of 15
Beta Member

Yes we use emails twice a month to advise former guests of promotions and Events we are holding at the our hotel.

We used to use mail chimp and would like Square to have as many functions to make it easier to use and to define customers segments. 
Also a way of getting guests to sign into face book and instagram from square emails.

Message 5 of 15

No

Message 6 of 15
Super Seller

Yes, it is wildly successful.

Luke Nieuwland
Owner/Operator
https://www.whiskyrun.com/
Co-Founder
https://birrdi.com/
Co-Founder
https://www.lakeeffect.ca/
Message 7 of 15

I have not.  Still tweaking my website.  And not sure how to do that yet

Message 8 of 15

yes, but some people tend to not check their emails as frequently as a text message campaign 

Message 9 of 15
Super Seller

It's something I want to try more but Square Marketing doesn't appear to integrate with Square Online yet which is a shame!

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 10 of 15
Super Seller

To add to this, I can't find the form action in the signup page so I can't even hack together a fix for this for now which is a shame!

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 11 of 15

Can not get past the you need a number to continue. If I have one I don't know what it is and I pay every month. Please help, it has made me go back to free in order to see my customers

Message 12 of 15

I have not used the email marketing but it would be nice to be able to make a list of customers by last name instead of only first names.

Unless I am missing a way to do this

Message 13 of 15
Super Seller

@isabelle 

No I have not yet. I need to get on it as Iโ€™ve been overwhelmed with all that is going on. I will use soon.

Ryan Anton Schaffer RMT
www.reginamassagetherapist.com
Message 14 of 15
Super Seller

Yes.  I love email marketing. Very simple.  I love the different templates and how easy it is to add more info if you need to.

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 15 of 15