x
Admin

How did you come up with the name of your business? 💭

Hiiii Seller Community! 

Here with another question of the week!

How did you come up with the name of your business? Is there a story behind it? Have you ever thought of changing it? 

question giphy.gif

Feel free to share your business name, how you came up with it and your logo too if you want! 💕 We look forward to reading your replies

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 1 of 264
263 REPLIES 263

When I used to get all crazy over my art, my ex would say "Oy it's always a production with you.." and it stuck.

My original logo (hand done, basically) was a crescent moon with a pink triangle in the curve. Because the moon is in pretty much all my work one way or another and the triangle represents (to whose who recognize it) that I'm a lesbian and "take back" that image a little. I still use some version of that on my business cards & such but my website logo (spencerproduction.com, redirects to Square store) has a more modern look. Still the moon but it's a photo I took (in my back yard) and captures my overall vibe for the site. 

It's nice reading everyone's stories! 

she/her
Message 190 of 264

Access by ShaVie is the name of my business. Access is the first part of accessories which is what I sell and ShaVie was established in 2002. The first part of Sha is the beginning of my oldest daughter’s name Shala and the Vie is the last part of my younger daughter’s name Stevie. I have different businesses with the name ShaVie in it.

Message 191 of 264
Super Seller

Burst Of Butterflies is a create and paint entertainment studio.  We were born around the family table on Thanksgiving 2013 as a response to one of our own  (daughter, sister and aunt) being involved in a severe vehicle accident resulting in a smashed brain, eight weeks in a coma, and multiple other issues requiring round the clock support.  Our family decided we needed to retire from our careers to care for her, and start something that allowed us to all be together.  Brain injury and coma to any functionality is a metamorphosis.  A blank canvas to a finished painting is a metamorphosis.  As is a lump of clay turned into a beautiful vase.  And the feeling you get in your belly when you are excited about what you have created...it is all like A Burst Of Butterflies.  🦋

We provide an art studio to the community, specializing in clay making, pottery painting, canvas painting, mosaics and glass fusing.  We have a 3600 square foot facility in historic Downtown Chandler Arizona.  We have classes, parties, camps and walk in art space for all ages.   Our three generations of family and an awesome team create an experience that you will always remember, and have been wowing the community for seven years. 

From our family to yours, let creativity soar, like a Burst Of Butterflies.  🦋

~Cheryl!
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!

Cheryl! Tisland
Burst Of Butterflies Create & Paint Studio

BurstOfButterflies.com
Message 192 of 264

My business name is Deez Cupcake Bouquets.  My name is Dee, I make cupcake bouquets, edible arrangements, so Deez Cupcake Bouquets it is!  I’ve read that a business name should be short and sweet, and tell people who you are and what you do as succinctly as possible.  Adding your name to the name of the business gives it credibility and a connection to your audience.

Message 193 of 264

Targeted Counseling

When I explained counseling to my 10-year-old daughter, she sat across from me on the floor and made a connection I'll never forget. She concluded, "So mom, you'd be like my own personal target. All of my thoughts and feelings are like arrows that I can throw at you."

Yes, that's exactly what counseling is like. A safe place you can hurl "arrows," so they don't have the power to hurt you with their sharp points!

Message 194 of 264

We are family owed and operated so it was easy we decided that we wanted something to say that so all of us decided it would be our family name and Sons. Terry&Son’s Carpet Cleaning we are the kings of clean call us.if you need them carpets cleaned 🧼 

Message 195 of 264

I've been a full-time professional photographer for 21 years.  When I started, female photographers were not popular nor were they as well respected as male photographers.  My name is Julie Elaine Hedges.  My husband suggested using my initials without periods in between, which made the name look French and masculine... "JE Hedges Photography".  To this day, I will answer the phone and hear clients referring to the photographer as "when will Mr. Hedges be in?  Does he do large groups?" as if I am the secretary for the photographer.

Message 196 of 264

Essential Events is inspired by the most amazing experiences with both old and new friends.  This inspiration motivated me to take the big leap of faith, shifting from 40 hours a week to part-time.  The launch of EE has been both terrifying and exhilarating at the same time!  The biggest thing that keeps me going is this belief system is that it not purely about achieving results, enjoy the process and share your best-practices with your peers and you will succeed.

Message 197 of 264

So, I really like Japan and what’s better then the Sakura trees? There I am thinly, “ya, Sakura Touch” and what would you know, that name was available as a .com

i own a spa and I never thought how bad this name was.  I started getting creepy phone calls for “extra” services.  Then, this super adorable Jewish client said to me, “I was worried about you at first. I thought you might be a sex worker.”  I was like ‘how in the world!’

She broke down my business name and she twisted to looked like “suk-u”

I changed my name the next day to Local Healing Room.  Turned out a church called the Healing Room had “local” churches.

it was much better getting phone calls from people in need of pray then happy ending.

Now, I am on Name 3 and everyone wants to steal my name, so that must be a good thing.

Message 198 of 264

I wanted to leave a legacy for my granddaughters, so I took the first initial from both of their names and came up with A&A Soap Works. 

Message 199 of 264
Beta Member

I came up with the name candyhouse because i am selling candy and pops and potato chips out of my house and that's where i got the name candyhouse from

Message 200 of 264

My beloved horses! Newt is almost 30 and has been with us over 12 years and Hope is 22 and has been mine for 10...  I wrote out Newt and Hope for a 4H project and it morphed into NewHope...  

Message 201 of 264

Actually, I purchased an auto repair business with the name and am looking to come up with a new one. Anyone have suggestions for where to get help?

Message 202 of 264
Super Seller

Named it after our granddaughter, hopefully one day she will want to take over the business.

Randy Fulk
Korie's Kloset
Big Bows & Sassy Clothes.
Message 203 of 264
Super Seller

Well our business started as a means to pay our mortgage. The name was a combination between my family and my wife’s job as a nanny. Our son wanted it to be named after our last name, , but we wanted something old fashion so we landed on Mamie’s Toffee. Our designer took us to another level with Mamie’s Toffee & Treats, as provide a range of treats as well. We don’t have a brick and mortar store we travel and our banners have to stand out so our toffee is on our logo. Most people want to lick our business cards and banners. It’s funny! Not to leave out a great photographer who took our toffee to another level with pictures. We had a lot of help in starting our business.

Message 204 of 264
Super Seller Alumni

The name HiveBoxx was selected because it serves as a reminder to our staff, our partners, and customers that we all share a home - Mother Earth. Our name captures the essence of the entire moving experience, reminding us of how similar the inner workings of a beehive are to the process of moving into a new home.

Just like there are many bees working to maintain a beehive, there are many people involved in making, buying, and selling a home: from the architects and engineers, construction workers to real estate brokers, and most importantly, the individuals who will transform that little plot of earth into their own space.

Message 205 of 264
Super Seller

It was easy for us.  We named it after our granddaughter, hoping one day she will take over the business.  

Randy Fulk
Korie's Kloset
Big Bows & Sassy Clothes.
Message 206 of 264
Super Seller Alumni

Our bookstore is called The Violet Fox, which first came to me as a visual. I could SEE the violet fox sitting on a crescent moon in my mind. Lucky for me, I married an artist and he was able to pull that image out of my brain and onto paper. Where the idea came from in my brain is anyone's guess. Sometimes inspiration just strikes! 😁

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
https://thevioletfoxbookshop.square.site
Message 207 of 264

Jay Canes was named after my youngest son, mid name Jay and what my produst is = canes...thus Jay Canes.

Message 208 of 264
Super Seller

LOL - we didn't - I used to hate it - but now it makes a pretty catchy tag #madeatmudfire for Insta. We took over an existing business which was already named and calling clay "mud" got under my skin because part of my mission is to elevate craft and increase respect for young makers and "playing in the mud" is not doing that. But, the business had very solid name recognition and changing it didn't make sense. We've been around since 2001 (I took over in 2013).
Final Bumper Sticker.jpg

Deanna [they/them]

MudFire CEO | Square enthusiast

Visit me at MudFire online
Message 209 of 264
Super Seller

We're a collective of artists and small brands that all sell together in a store in Phoenix, AZ as well as at large conventions and local events. Our founders met at local conventions and bonded over their love of J-fashion. So when it came time to name the store, we picked "Kei" because it means 'style' and is used to describe different alt fashion styles. Like how in english we might say 'cottage core' you would use kei instead of core to refer to a style. Some of my favorite are visual kei and fairy kei. That's how we came up with Kei Collective! 

Copy of Copy of Copy of kei collective receipt.png

Andrea with Kei Collective - an artist collective with a shop in Phoenix, AZ

We're a Square Super Seller - We're here to help!
Message 210 of 264