x
Admin

How did you come up with the name of your business? 💭

Hiiii Seller Community! 

Here with another question of the week!

How did you come up with the name of your business? Is there a story behind it? Have you ever thought of changing it? 

question giphy.gif

Feel free to share your business name, how you came up with it and your logo too if you want! 💕 We look forward to reading your replies

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 1 of 264
263 REPLIES 263
Admin

I love that @JustforFun! What a brightening and cheery biz name Thanks for sharing.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 64 of 264

We are just starting and will be launching soon, our store sells CBD Products, as a disabled veteran I know personally the benefits of CBD and Delta-8.  Our store name is 

D GREEN SOL-  Sounds like "the Green Soul"   Reason behind this

Green, its obvious  D and SOL  Are all initials of our kids.

Still working on a logo, excited to interact with others been in the background for to long.

-Mari

Message 65 of 264

I'm originally from Nigeria and my favorite language from there is "Hausa" which I cannot speak. My business is something I created out of the need to celebrate the African culture and to have my potential "own" it as much as possible as well as cherish it. "Dukiya" in the Hausa language means something you cherish, a treasure, your properties, etc. So I named the brand, "My Dukiya".

Message 66 of 264
Admin

Very thoughtful way to come up with your business name. Love it. Thank you for sharing @Mydukiya 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 67 of 264

Hello! The name of our business is also the foundation of what we do every single day.  "Anhelo" is latin for deeply breathe.  We are a holistic, pain management facility that provides support and relief to those who battle many emotional and physical ailments. 🙂

Message 68 of 264

My "little nickname" that is just a term of endearment from one of my friends is "button" - I decided that since I make art, I could use that to tie into "button up" people's spaces. 

Message 69 of 264
Admin

How sweet! Thank you for sharing @ButtonUpDesign 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 70 of 264

We offer Junk Removal Services therefore the name Junk was important to use... The customers want there Junk Gone. Therefore Gone is also important too.  We added the name management because we manage  other businesses so Junk Gone Management was birth!

Message 71 of 264
Super Seller

How do you compete in the biggest city in the world? You create your own...

That's how Empanada City was born 🙂. Serving fresh (never frozen) - fried to order empanadas in Brooklyn, NY

Empanada City Logo Final_Mzk1NT.png

Serving the best empanadas in Brooklyn - PERIOD!
Message 72 of 264

You learn the strategy of the top businesses like Amazon and Walmart to name a couple... I build my business like they do by using my business credit instead of personal credit. When you have business credit you gain more respect in the business industry when dealing with other company and business like banks etc.

If you need business credit email me at [redacted] for more information. 

Message 73 of 264
Beta Member

Chari Designs was a no brainer for me.  As it was the name I used and came up with for a project in College.

Message 74 of 264

Me and my partner in business and life were vacationing in Blue Ridge, GA when we decided on our name. We visited a small herb store in the area and fell in love. They had a bumper sticker in their shop that read, FOLK AF. I loved it so much and thought how funny and eye catching it would be to name a store this. 1 year later and Folk AF of Gadsden, AL was born. It took some negotiating to get the name approved in the state but ultimately we won. We are a metaphysical store that has a little bit of everything. BTW, yes the name does mean what you think. We have two logos for our store. One for signage and one for billboards and marketing.

Folk AF Logos on Facebook.

Message 75 of 264

We came up with our business name after trying a couple and settling with our last name for our family business.  It only seemed right. 

PRIESTER'S BAR-B-QUE 

Message 76 of 264
Beta Member

We went through 2 name changes before we landed on Kith & Kin.  We wanted a homey feeling to our restaurant and bakery.  Most of our family was working here.  We paid homage to my husbands Celtic roots.  "Kith" translates to friends and "Kin" translates to family.  And then when we were incorporating, on the way to the attorney it dawned on us that we would need to come up with a name for that S-Corp. In about 2 minutes we came up with Nueva.  Which means "new".  We were a new corporation.  We are Nueva Inc dba Kith & Kin Bakeshop & Bistro.

Message 77 of 264

Copper Fox Photography 

My first name is the french word for "fox" and copper is often the color of foxes.

Message 78 of 264

Hi Isabelle, 

The way I came up with the name of my company is a little bit of a story. When I was in college many moons ago, I was taking some drafting classes and designed some homes about 3500 Sq ft to 5500 sq ft. There were 5 all together. I needed a name for the small development that theses house would be in. where I lived the street was called Naiad road. and I lived on the north shore. so I thought a good name would be Naiad Shores. At that point in my life I started a construction company called NSHI which stands for Naiad Shores Home Improvements. (nshi) I then expanded my business to making the homes computer homes, which i would install wiring and a central computer server in the home for running all the networked electrical components in the home. As the computer business grew I got the domain name nshi.com  that is how it all started. so I just kept that name. Thanks for asking. 

Kris

Message 79 of 264
Admin

My pleasure! Thanks for sharing @NSHI Great biz name. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 80 of 264
Super Seller

I started out with a mobile cheese truck hence the name Gourmet On Wheels Inc.

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 81 of 264

We sell candies that are sweet and heavenly.

That is the best description that we could come up with describing our business.

Thank you for asking.

Steve Morrison

Message 82 of 264
Admin

Sweet and Heavenly is a fantastic biz name @SMorrison  That's exactly what I want my candles to smell like when I purchase them 🕯 

Thanks so much for sharing and I hope we see you around the Community for our next Question of the Week.  

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 83 of 264

My new boutique is named Relic. , I feel vintage treasures all have a story behind them no matter how big or small. Every piece is a relic or part of history.

Message 84 of 264