x
Admin

How do you track your business goals and keep on top of them? 🤔

Hello, Seller Community! Let's talk about goal-setting: how do you set your business goals and track your progress? We'd love to hear what methods have worked for you and your business. Share your thoughts with us below! 😊 

Thank you to @Doran for suggesting this question

Elisabeth (she/they)
Join a Group to connect with other business owners like you!
Message 1 of 73
72 REPLIES 72
Super Seller

We find that Square's report function helps us keep track of goals quite nicely. We have our monthly sales goal, a daily target in mind which takes into account the day of the week, and an amount per individual customer spend that we shoot for as well.

When it comes to retail items- we do attempt to know length of time items sell down. Obviously the quicker the better. 

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 22 of 73
Super Seller

I recently started using a "kanban" style of to-do app (Todoist) which lets me put my projects and contracts into different columns based on the stage they are at.  I've developed a template which I copy for each new client, fill in their details and the basic answers, and then I have all the things I was forgetting ready at my fingertips.

It's nice for me because it's a visual way to show my progress rather than just a to-do list with deadlines.

Michael
New Light Photography | SUB Photo | Square fan
Message 23 of 73
Super Seller

For our stores we have a yearly goal that I set at the end of the year for the following year. Our goal is increase our sales every year way above and beyond over the predicted retail forecast is. So once I set this lofty sales goal, I break it down into action plans that will help us hit that sales goal. We break down our yearly into monthly and then even daily goals to keep us on track. I work with my management team to come up with ideas on how to attain these goals. This year we have decided that we are going to try to launch an app for our stores. So we have come up with a plan and laid out all of the why's and how's and who is in charge of what. I also like to use the SMART Goal Acronym for setting and achieving goals. We have monthly followups to ensure that we are hitting our goals. We will also adjust both goals and actions throughout the year depending on sales trends and staff.

Abby
Owner, Abigail's Gift Boutique and Abigail's Boutique St. Louis, MO
https://www.facebook.com/abigailsgiftboutique
https://www.instagram.com/abigails_stl/
Message 24 of 73

Well my business is brand new so I’m still figuring out how everything works and right now focusing on completeing my account set up and listing my merch and advertising my new business

Message 25 of 73

Same.

Message 26 of 73

Good question ? 

Message 27 of 73

I am currently working a 9 to 5 job as well as doing laser engraving on the side as a side gig Basically, I just want to have some fun with my father while trying to make a little money without going overboard.  

Message 28 of 73

There are various ways to track business goals, but some common methods include setting specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound (SMART) objectives, using key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor progress, regularly reviewing and adjusting strategies, and using project management tools or software Read more.

Message 29 of 73

I try not to have goals that are a year out right now. I make an effort to examine things either monthly or quarterly given the unsure business environment at the moment. The long-term goals should be achieved if I put a lot of effort into the present to accomplish the short-term goals, which are roughly linked with the long-term goals.

Message 30 of 73

There are different ways to track business goals, but some common methods include setting specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound (SMART) goals, using key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure progress, regularly reviewing and adjusting goals as needed, and utilizing software tools or apps to help with tracking and monitoring progress.

Message 31 of 73

This year we have decided that we are going to try to launch an app for our stores. So we have come up with a plan and laid out all of the why's and how's and who is in charge of what. I also like to use the SMART Goal of small business Acronym for setting and achieving goals. We have monthly followups to ensure that we are hitting our goals. We will also adjust both goals and actions throughout the year depending on sales trends and staff.

Message 32 of 73

"What methods do you use to monitor your business objectives and stay on track with them?" To relate to the "Pag-IBIG MP2 Calculator," you could rephrase the question as "How can the Pag-IBIG MP2 Calculator assist you in tracking and achieving your business goals?"

Message 33 of 73

Tracking business goals is essential for measuring progress and staying on track towards success. Here are some methods that could be helpful:

1. SMART Goals: Set Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound goals that align with your business vision and strategy. This approach ensures that your goals are actionable and achievable.

2. Create an Action Plan: Break your goals down into smaller, actionable steps that are easier to track and manage. Set deadlines for each step and prioritize them based on importance and urgency.

3. Use a Task Management Tool: There are many task management tools available that can help you track progress towards your goals. Some popular options include Trello, Asana, and Monday.com.

4. Regular Check-ins: Schedule regular check-ins to review progress towards your goals. This could be a weekly or monthly review where you analyze your progress and make adjustments as necessary.

5. Celebrate Achievements: Celebrate when you achieve your goals or hit important milestones. This helps to keep you motivated and focused on achieving even more.

Remember, tracking your business goals is an ongoing process that requires consistent effort and attention. By implementing these methods, you can set yourself up for success and achieve your business objectives.

Message 34 of 73

What kind of reader fits an I Pro computer? I own a 13-inch iMac Pro.

Message 35 of 73

Monitoring corporate objectives is crucial for monitoring development and maintaining a successful course. Here are a few techniques that might be useful:

Create SMART goals that are aligned with your company's vision and strategy. SMART goals are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound. Your goals will be attainable and actionable thanks to this strategy.

Make a plan of action: Your goals will be simpler to track and manage if you break them down into smaller, doable steps. Establish due dates for each phase and rank them in order of significance and urgency.

Employ a task management tool to track your progress towards your objectives. There are various task management applications accessible. Trello, Asana, and Monday.com are a few of the well-liked choices.

Frequent Check-Ins: Plan frequent check-ins to assess your goals' progress. This might be

Message 36 of 73

I currently work a second 9 to 5 job in addition to my side job of laser engraving. My objectives are to enjoy myself with my dad and make a little money without going overboard.

Message 37 of 73

For income, I look at what I did last year, and try to beat it, even if it's just a little bit. There are things my former partner wasn't charging for that I am now, so that helps quite a bit. 

I need to come up with a social media plan, but that's an off-season thing. I have a tax prep business, so not a lot of planning gets done between January and April. I use May as my review and planning month.

Message 38 of 73

As a business owner, staying on top of goals and objectives can be challenging. Without effective goal tracking and monitoring, progress can be difficult to measure and goals can easily be forgotten or neglected. To ensure success and reach objectives, it is essential to create a system to track the progress of goals. This system should include a timeline, regular reviews and updates, and an easy-to-follow checklist to ensure that all tasks are completed. Additionally, it should be easy to access and use, so that goals can be regularly monitored and tracked. Finally, it should be flexible enough to accommodate changes in the business  Check here or environment. With this system in place, business owners can easily track progress of goals and stay on top of them.

Message 39 of 73

1. Setting clear and measurable goals: The first step is to ensure that your business goals are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound (SMART). This will make it easier to track your progress and measure your success.

2. Creating a roadmap: Once you have defined your business goals, create a roadmap that outlines the steps you need to take to achieve them. This will help you stay organized and focused on your goals.

3. Using a project management tool: There are many project management tools available that can help you track your progress and keep on top of your goals. These tools allow you to set deadlines, assign tasks, and monitor your progress in real-time.

4. Reviewing your progress regularly: It's important to review your progress regularly to ensure that you are on track to achieve your goals. This can be done weekly, monthly, or quarterly, depending on the nature of your business.

5. Making adjustments as needed: If you find that you are not making progress towards your goals, it may be necessary to make adjustments to your plan. This could involve changing your approach, revising your goals, or seeking additional resources or support.https://pagibigmp2calculator.net/ 

Message 40 of 73

Tracking business goals is an essential part of ensuring that your business is successful and achieving what you set out to do. One of the best ways to track your business goals is to create a plan that outlines your goals and objectives, along with the metrics you'll use to measure your progress. This plan should include short-term and long-term goals, as well as milestones that you can use to track your progress along the way. Additionally, it's important to regularly review and assess your progress toward your goals, and make adjustments as needed to ensure that you stay on track. Utilizing tools such as project management software or spreadsheets can also help you keep track of your goals and progress more efficiently. Ultimately, staying on top of your business goals requires discipline, organization, and a commitment to box to regularly reviewing and adjusting your plan as needed to ensure that you're on track to achieve your desired outcomes.

Message 41 of 73

Tracking business goals is essential to ensure that you are making progress towards achieving them. Here are some tips to help you track your business goals and stay on top of them:

1. Set clear and measurable goals: Make sure that your goals are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound (SMART). This will make it easier to track your progress and determine if you are on track to achieve your goals.

2. Use a goal tracking system: There are several goal tracking systems available, such as spreadsheets, project management tools, and specialized goal tracking software. Choose a system that works for you and that you can easily update.

3. Establish key performance indicators (KPIs): KPIs are metrics that help you measure your progress towards your goals. Identify the KPIs that are relevant to your goals and track them regularly.

4. Review and adjust your goals regularly: Review your progress towards your goals regularly and make adjustments as necessary. This will help you stay on track and make any necessary changes to ensure that you achieve your goals.

5. Celebrate your successes: Celebrating your successes, no matter how small, can help you stay motivated and focused on achieving your goals.

6. Hold yourself accountable: Hold yourself accountable for achieving your goals. Set deadlines and make sure that you are taking the necessary steps to achieve your goals.

By following these tips, you can track your business goals effectively and stay on top of them. Remember to stay focused, review your progress regularly, and make adjustments as necessary to ensure that you achieve your goals.

Message 42 of 73