x
Admin

How do you track your business goals and keep on top of them? 🤔

Hello, Seller Community! Let's talk about goal-setting: how do you set your business goals and track your progress? We'd love to hear what methods have worked for you and your business. Share your thoughts with us below! 😊 

Thank you to @Doran for suggesting this question

Elisabeth (she/they)
Join a Group to connect with other business owners like you!
Message 1 of 72
71 REPLIES 71
Super Seller

I have a really simple google spreadsheet where I log everything I accomplished for the month. I add to it every month and by the end of the year it is really thick with accomplishments! The days fly by, it is really important to feel pride in your business to stay motivated to be consistent.

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 64 of 72

I built a personalized dashboard with key metrics that update daily. It's like a virtual trophy case, letting me track progress and celebrate wins.

Message 65 of 72

To track my business goals, I use a combination of SMART criteria, task management tools, and regular reviews. This ensures clarity, measurable progress, and adjustments as needed. Excited to hear others' approaches! :smile

Message 66 of 72

Every year, we set big sales goals for our stores that are much higher than what we expect to sell. We break these goals into smaller steps for each month and even each day. We work together as a team to come up with plans to reach these goals, like launching a new store app this year. We regularly check our progress and change our plans if needed based on how sales are going and how many staff we have. Read More

Message 67 of 72

Assuming that ICA Smart Services refers to a technology or platform, it can be a valuable tool in the context of tracking business goals. Such services often offer features like data analytics, real-time monitoring, and automation, which can significantly enhance your ability to manage and achieve your business objectives.

Message 68 of 72
Super Seller

I track my business goals every month. I have a running spreadsheet that I add to at the end of the month, or sooner if I think of it, so I can log all the great things we accomplished over the month. This way, we dont look back at the year and think nothing happened. 10/10 recommend this practice.

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 69 of 72

i use nad+ Scottsdale  to track my every day goals you should try this

Message 70 of 72

To track and stay on top of business goals:

1. Define Clear Objectives: Start by establishing specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound (SMART) goals for your business.

2. Utilize Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): Identify the metrics that directly align with your goals and regularly monitor them to gauge progress.

3. Implement Tracking Tools: Use project management software, spreadsheets, or dedicated goal-tracking apps to record progress and visualize data.

4. Regular Reviews: Schedule regular reviews to assess progress, identify any obstacles, and adjust strategies as needed. (you may be insterest in reading about the best printer for cricut makers)

5. Prioritize and Focus: Concentrate efforts on high-priority goals and avoid getting sidetracked by less critical tasks.

6. Communicate and Collaborate: Keep your team informed about the goals and their progress, fostering collaboration and accountability.

7. Adaptability: Remain flexible and open to adjustments based on changing circumstances or feedback.

By following these steps, you can effectively track your business goals and ensure you stay on top of them.

Message 71 of 72

As a marketing strategist, data-driven decision-making is key. I rely on a robust arsenal of analytics and insights tools to track progress toward business goals. I go beyond platform-specific dashboards, though, by:

Unifying data - I consolidate metrics from various sources - social media, web analytics, CRM - into a central dashboard for holistic understanding.
Building custom funnels - I move beyond standard metrics to create custom funnels that track specific user journeys and campaign effectiveness.
Correlation, not causation - I delve deeper by using tools like correlation analysis to isolate impactful factors driving my success.

Apart from this, I use A/B testing and multivariate analysis, utilize forecasting tools to anticipate trends, and translate data into clear, actionable stories that inform decisions and inspire teams.

Alice White
Message 72 of 72