x
Admin

What are your plans for expanding in the next 12 months?

ICYMI: Square recently released the Future of Commerce 2024 report. This report will give you inspiration, tactics, and tools to future-proof your business. Make sure to download your copy here.

According to FOC 2024, restaurant expansion will be a strong industry driver in 2024. All restaurant owners surveyed plan to expand in the next 12 months.

In the report, it's mentioned that 77% of restaurants plan to expand in the coming year by adding non-core offerings like meal kits, subscriptions, events, or merchandise. 99% of retailers plan to invest in additional revenue streams, such as in-store events or advertising offerings, with the primary goal of keeping up with industry trends.

In what ways, if any, are you planning to expand in the next 12 months?

If you haven't downloaded the Future of Commerce 2024 report, get your copy here.

Max Pete
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Seller Community
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Admin

Interested in hearing from @TCSlaguna@Twiggy@rtfulk@Waterfall & @CarrieCheese

Max Pete
Seller Community
Message 2 of 17
Super Seller

@maxpete Our plans is to add wholesale to our business. It may not be completely implemented this year.  We are in the early stages of making sure everything is compliant and testing is in place. Children's clothing has to go through a process.

Randy Fulk
Korie's Kloset
Big Bows & Sassy Clothes.
Message 3 of 17
Admin

Cool to hear! Had no idea about the compliance process for this.

My wife's business recently went wholesale last year and definitely has been a good move. 

Max Pete
Seller Community
Message 4 of 17
Super Seller

If we have any zippers or buttons, they have to be tested for lead, pajamas have to be tested for fire retardant just to name aa few.

Glad to hear your wife's wholesale business is doing good, at our at (59) it's the next logical step, we aren't getting any younger and can't expect to be on the road forever.

Randy Fulk
Korie's Kloset
Big Bows & Sassy Clothes.
Message 5 of 17
Super Seller

We are planning on increasing the number of services we offer and subscriptions. We think the new subscription features Square offers will help us greatly in increasing our revenue stream. 

Message 6 of 17
Admin

Exciting! Keep us posted on how this evolves 🙂 

Max Pete
Seller Community
Message 7 of 17
Super Seller

After a year and half of trying to figure out how to import/manage thousands of aftermarket parts I have finally achieved that on my website.   Expansion is my next goal for this year. More bays, showroom , and potentially a couple different services to incorporate without over reaching and sacrificing quality of my current services.

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 8 of 17
Admin

I love it! Always a good reminder to keep growth/expansion in line with quality too.

Max Pete
Seller Community
Message 9 of 17
Beta Member

2023 was a record-breaking year for us.  We did open a second kitchen location last year to handle our growing volume. 

Pre-covid we had plans to build an event venue to support our catering company.  We are thrilled to say we are dusting off those plans and hope to start the planning process for that this year.  

Waterfall Catering

Message 10 of 17
Admin

This is so exciting and congrats on all of the success! Hopefully this trend continues this year!

Max Pete
Seller Community
Message 11 of 17
Beta Member

We are planning to open at least one more store this year and already have one in the pipeline to open in April, maybe we will manage two. We have to be positive about our futures. 

Message 12 of 17
Admin

Love hearing about the growth!

Max Pete
Seller Community
Message 13 of 17
Super Seller

On our Garden center side we just added 46,000sq ft to our main warehouse in winter 2023 and have an additional 26,000 in the pipeline for this coming winter.

On our Bakery side we are in the planning stages for a 2025 expansion of 2 more locations, we have the locations scouted and in preliminary talks with upcoming strip mall buildouts  Doing this will add brining on a full time manager to help oversee the stores and take some of the burden of my wife who currently does all the owner/managing of our 2 locations.  So that in and of itself will be a huge job to find someone to trust to take over many of the aspects of the day to day.

Message 14 of 17
Admin

This is awesome! Sounds like a lot of big plans coming up!

Max Pete
Seller Community
Message 15 of 17
Super Seller

Love this question! Over the last few years, I have really grown foundationally - adding in retail, merch, services. Then, growing those up and making sure we are earning in every category. My only next way to grow is to get a second location and duplicate it. Looking forward to that in 2024.

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 16 of 17
Admin

Love this growth!

Max Pete
Seller Community
Message 17 of 17