x
Admin

What is your busiest day of the week? Why? ๐Ÿ’ญ

Today we're wondering...

What is the busiest day of the week at your business? Why do you think that day is the busiest? Is it specific to your industry? 

This is applicable to online sales too ๐Ÿ’•Can't wait to read your replies! โœจ

giphy (9).gif

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Super Seller

Looks like so far this year our busiest day is Sat with Fri being a very close second.  Having a women's boutique, my clients come in on their days off to do the majority of their shopping.

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 22 of 32
Beta Member

Tuesdays, we are closed Sunday/Monday so when we get back to work Tuesdays, everyone places their orders. Other than that, any Saturday at the Farmer's Market is busiest

Message 23 of 32
Super Seller

Friday is our busiest day by far, we are a Fish and Chip shop and Friday has been our busiest day ever since our family took over the shop 35 years ago.

Fish on Friday is a very intrenched Catholic tradition and it seems that even though the religious aspect has faded away, the tradition of Fish and Chips on Friday remains, it is between 20% - 70% busier than any other day.

Message 24 of 32
Super Seller

Itโ€™s a toss up between Mondayโ€™s and Fridays. I am closed on Sunday so I normally have a busy Monday because people ran out of stuff on Sunday. Fridays is busy because of payday. Normally Wednesday is slowest day of the week 

Message 25 of 32
Super Seller

This year: Thursdays! 

I have found that my clientsโ€™ routines have changed over the past year for obvious reasons, but theyโ€™re still wanting to enjoy outdoor activities on the weekend. So, being able to get their appointment during the week is preferred. Thursday is one of my late days, which clients appreciate, so they can come after work and not waste weekend time. Plus, then theyโ€™ll have great hair for the weekend!

Jess
Hair Designer | Certified Trichologist

Visit My Website - JP Style & Solutions
Check out the magic on Instagram - @JESS.POYNTER
Make an impact on Facebook - @JPSTYLESOLUTIONS
Message 26 of 32
Super Seller

It has been consistent for seven years in order of busiest to slowest...

Saturday,

Sunday,

Friday,

Monday,

Wednesday,

Thursday,

Tuesday.

We have an entertainment business.  Birthday party bookings are big on the weekend.  Our weekend classes are also very popular.  Walk-Ins are more prevalent in weekends with people off work.  Date night and girls night out on weekend nights.  Then on Weekdays we find Corporate events, church groups, community centers and school field trips are more common.  When kids are out of school (such as summer, spring break, and Monday Holidays), it is crazy busy all the time.  Mother's Day Weekend is the BIGGEST weekend of the year by a long shot.

August and January are our slowest months every year.  Painfully slow.   February is big with Valentine's.  Then March is Spring Break and St Patty Day.  April is huge with Easter.  May is our best month of the year with Mother's Day and Summer Camp Signups and kids getting out of school all in the same month.  June and July is busy every day and we bulk up on staff for the summer.  We use August to catch our breath, clean and rearrange. September picks up from slow August as a lead in to Halloween.  October is busy with Halloween, November slows slightly as people plan and travel for Thanksgiving, however, Black Friday and Small Biz Saturday are a good end to November, December is huge for Christmas.

~Cheryl!
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!

Cheryl! Tisland
Burst Of Butterflies Create & Paint Studio

BurstOfButterflies.com
Message 27 of 32

Our busiest day(s) of the week would probably be Saturday and Sunday. Only Sunday we go out and sell shirts on Saturday.

Go shop at Team Bryant Clothing Line: https://team-bryant-clothing-line.square.site/ 

Message 28 of 32
Beta Member

Busiest day is Saturday followed closely by Friday here.  We are an ice cream, chocolates and candy shop.  Although it's been really interesting this spring/summer that a random Monday or Thursday will be crazy busy!  In the winter we're typically closed on Monday or Tuesdays.

Message 29 of 32

I own a specialty cake shop and bakery.  We don't do the "normal" bakery things like breads, rolls, and donuts.  Our walk up bakery case has cupcakes, bars, cookies and other sweets dailly.  Custom order items include wedding cakes, birthday cakes, pies and other dessert items.  Most people have parties and events on the weekend, so Saturday is our busiest day, followed by Friday.  We are also very seasonal.  December is just insane with Christmas candies, cookies and gift trays.  We also have a lot of corporate parties to cater desserts with the holidays.  December is our busiest month overall followed closely by May (graduation cakes).  Summer is wedding season, so April through October, the weekends are pretty busy.  October and November seem to have a higher than average number of birthday cakes.  (Iowa, cold weather in January, add nine months.  LOL)  January through March are our slowest revenue months, with the exception of Valentine's week.  I say week, because most holidays throughout the year have a 4-5 day leading up period.  Those months are usually utilized for bridal shows and wedding planning, so they are still busy, just not with a lot of payments coming in. 

Message 30 of 32
Beta Member

Musical Instrument brick and mortar checking in, Toss up between Thursdays and Saturdays for us.

Message 31 of 32

Wednesday and Saturdays are most busiest for me. Wednesday I offer a wellness discount for select services. Saturdays are convenient for clients who have families and hectic work schedules.

Message 32 of 32