x
Admin

What is your ‘superpower’? Share a skill you excel at!

Happy Wednesday, folks 🎉

It’s hard to believe it’s July already! Time really does fly. Sometimes, I wish I had the ability to stop time. But as fun as it might be to imagine having that kind of superpower, I’d love to know:

What is your ‘superpower’? Share a skill you excel at!

Maybe it’s being able to write perfectly on a sandwich board without any outline, or always knowing the exact change without having to use a calculator — we want to celebrate all your ‘superpowers’!

Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55
Square Champion

I love reporting - so I guess you could say I excel at Excel! LOL

It is great because, with every new initiative, we are able to see how it contributes to revenue.

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Square Champion - Expert
instagram.com/bronzepalms
Message 2 of 56
Square Champion

@Bronze_Palms I am so jealous of your love and excellence when it comes to Excel! This is definitely something that I need to work on - knowing the actual impact of decisions I make instead of just guessing.

I'd be happy to attend a MasterClass whenever you're ready to host one! 😉

Lenore
LenJo Bakes in Kitchener, ON
Let's connect on Instagram!
Message 3 of 56
Square Champion

I've been wanting to put together a finance/knowing your numbers mini course - maybe I will this quarter 😉

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Square Champion - Expert
instagram.com/bronzepalms
Message 4 of 56
Square Champion

Also love a good spreadsheet,

I have a software development background, so I love getting my teeth stuck into writing scripts to do things "that can't be done"

Bruce Wilson
Owner | Vigneron | Distiller
Message 5 of 56
Beta Member

Data-driven decisions make me happy! 😀

Message 6 of 56
Square Champion

I love to untangle things 🤣,

It's like a puzzle to me: necklaces, wire, string, power cords, fishing line, all get handed to me in our household..

Bruce Wilson
Owner | Vigneron | Distiller
Message 7 of 56
Square Champion

Oh man....if untangling things is your jam, I had an absolute PRIZE for you last week! I worked through it liiiiiiittle by little...and made it through....but wow! If you love doing that, I have a feeling you are a VERY patient person. 😄

Jess
Hair Designer | Certified Trichologist

Visit My Website - JP Style & Solutions
Check out the magic on Instagram - @JESS.POYNTER
Make an impact on Facebook - @JPSTYLESOLUTIONS
Message 8 of 56
Square Champion

@lawnbrook Where were you on my wedding day?! 3 of us tried to untangle my necklace and couldn't do it. Ended up wearing the "backup" down aisle because I couldn't spend any more time trying to figure out the teeeeeeniest little knot in the chain 🥴

Lenore
Message 9 of 56
Square Champion

As a card carrying introvert, my super power would be making everyone believe that I'm actually extroverted!

From clients who walk in to our suppliers to our delivery folks - they all think I love interacting with people and I'm glad for it! I have always wanted to have an incredibly welcoming business that everyone could come and feel known and I'm so grateful I've been able to set that culture!

Nothing makes me happier than being able to quietly listen to music and do a quiet activity next to the people I love who are also committed to doing a quiet activity in great company 🤣

Lenore
Message 10 of 56
Admin

hold on now -- is there an official club for introverts? how do I get one of these cards? 😂

Joking aside, setting a culture where introverts, extroverts, ambiverts feel known & welcome when interacting with your business -- that's a real super-power!

p.s. I would venture to guess that +90% of people who work in Community Management, are introverts -- acting as extroverts. Teach us your ways 🙏

Message 11 of 56
Square Champion

Hahahahaha @LeahK, I had to make my own card to flash when people would see me in the wild with headphones on just to avoid accidentally being pulled into a conversation at Costco 🤣

There is a lot of in person cues that really help - like smiling but ensuring that my eyes crinkle. I feed off of someone's energy too! So if they're chill, I'm chill. If they're excited, I'm excited. But I typically start with "boundless dog-energy" and go down from there.

I loose a lot of my zhuzh on Zoom, but there are definitely ways to play it up there as well.

I literally gave a keynote about this (the importance of community and the art of connecting) a few months ago and it really does come down to putting on your "customer service" voice during the day and really really treasuring the times that you don't have to be "on". It's a tough balance, but it's le job!

Lenore
Message 12 of 56
Square Champion

You're an introvert, @lenjobakes?! I truly never would have imagined that, so you're doing a great job exercising that super power! I actually really enjoyed reading your tips for "how you do it" -- I love how you're reading other people's clues, and capitalizing on the time when you can recharge and not be "on." So much wisdom there -- for introverts and extroverts alike.

Michelle Savage
Co-Founder & President
Savage Goods | @savagegoods | savagegoods.com
Message 13 of 56
Square Champion

Hahahaha oui, @mksavage! If we ever have a Square meet up I'd be the person that gets the conversation going in a large group and then slink off to a corner to sit quietly LOL

Friends and family are often the ones who lose out the most (as I say with 280 unread text messages) but I truly just lack the energy to engage with basically anyone - especially virtually - after a long day at work. But I do need to just spend time just not communicating with anyone in order to be successful.

Definitely still trying to find the sweet spot!

Lenore
Message 14 of 56
Square Champion

Holy cow @lenjobakes  YES! You sound just like me. When I took one of those INFJ tests the administrator of the test actually congratulated me on showing up to get the results since I’m so far on the introvert scale. When I’m in my element though I’m happy, forthcoming, and wide open, and that’s for the exact reason you are. My business is built around a warm and inviting business model; I have to do that every day. Once that open sign turns off though….

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Square Champion: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 15 of 56
Beta Member

Awesome that you can turn that on for your business!

Message 16 of 56
Square Champion

I knew I liked you, @ryanwanner!!

Funnily enough, when I took the Myers-Briggs in middle and high school I was ENTJ and when I retook it a few years ago, my result was INFJ. I think I finally felt confident in myself to not give the answers I thought people "should" give or wanted me to give.

I love that we get to be exactly who we are and still have the impact we desire in our businesses ❤️

Lenore
Message 17 of 56
Beta Member

One of our business partners is like this. Everyone things she loves talking to people. And she does like human stories to some extent. But mostly, she just wants to be alone with a book.

Message 18 of 56
Square Champion

Exactly this, @Purple_HS! Introverts just out here hiding in plain sight like ninjas 🧕🏾

Lenore
Message 19 of 56
Square Champion

I'm really great at coming up with business ideas on the marketing/merchandise side... my husband always says I can create a business out of what I give to other business owners for free... 

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 20 of 56
Beta Member

Monetize that! 😁

Message 21 of 56