x

Ability to search customer directory by other fields besides name

I am new to Square.  I have uploaded the basic demographics from about 3000 of my customers.  I have added a customer category called "Equipment".  This shows the equipment and serial number I have sold to this customer.

So far, I am finding that I can search the customers for name, company, or a part of their email.  These are useful, but in order to get away from my old CRM, I need to be able to search for more fields, especially this equipment field.

In the course of doing business, i might need to know who was sold a certain serial numnber machine. 

Is this possible? Is there an advanced CRM for an additional fee?  It would be great to have everything in one place obviously.

Thanks, John

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hi @johnziemann, welcome to the seller community and thanks for bringing this up.

At this time, Directory search is limited to the buyer's profile details. As a workaround, you might consider heading over to your Transactions tab > Export > Items Detail CSV. Once you've downloaded the report, you'll be able to see the customer name that's associated with a particular item purchase. I realize that this is a multi-step process, but does that help surface the information you need?

There isn't an advanced CRM option at this time, but I will be sharing your post with our Product Liaison team — we'll circle back with any other updates.

If any other sellers in a similar position have insight or a process that's worked well — please feel free to share! 💯

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

I'm not using the cutomer directory myself yet, but... can you just use first name field for both first and last name and that way you can use the last name field for your equipment for now?

or give up the least useful field out of the fields that let you search? only if looking up customer will be easier by using the equipment that they have...  

Message 3 of 3