- Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Mark Thread as New
- Mark Thread as Read
- Float this Thread for Current User
- Printer Friendly Page
In this post, we’re sharing a quick overview of how to accept contactless payments like Apple Pay and Google Pay with Square. If you have any questions, reply to this post to let us know!
Can I take Apple Pay/Google Pay using the Square Contactless + Chip Reader or with Square Terminal?
You can accept Apple Pay/Google Pay using your Square Contactless + Chip Reader or with Square Terminal the same way you would a tap-and-go card. There are no extra settings you need to enable in order to accept these types of payments.
To take a payment with the Square Contactless + Chip Reader:
- Make sure your reader is paired with your device.
- Open the Square app, enter a custom amount or item, and then tap Charge.
- When you see one green light on the reader, it’s ready to take your customer’s payment. Ask your customer to hold their phone over the reader to complete the sale.
To take a payment with the Square Terminal:
- Make sure the Terminal is connected to a network via WiFi or Ethernet
- Enter a custom amount or select an item, and then tap Charge.
- Ask your customer to hold their mobile device near the contactless symbol in the center of the screen to complete the payment.
How can I set up Apple Pay/Google Pay on my Square Online site?
To accept Apple Pay and Google pay on your Square Online site:
- Go to your Square Online Overview page > click Settings > then click Checkout
- Toggle ON Accept Apple Pay an/or Accept Google Pay.
Please note: Customers will only see the option to pay via Apple Pay when using Safari as their browser.
Learn more about how to accept card payments with Square Online on our Support Center: Accept Payments on Square Online.
Can customers pay their invoices using Apple Pay/Google Pay?
Yes, customers can now pay for invoices using Apple Pay or Google Pay.
Can I get an Apple Pay sticker for my business?
Square’s marketing kits don’t include Apple Pay stickers right now, but you can order Apple Pay stickers directly from Apple’s website.
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
I moved your post to an existing thread that goes over how to set up Apple/Google Pay.
In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first either here or the Support Center as there's step by step articles on both for your quickest answer!
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.