x
Beta Member

Amount Confirmation for Credit Card Transactions

Is there a way/feature for the customer facing display to display an amount confirmation screen prior to tapping/swiping/dipping card transactions. Screen should read :

Is $XX.XX amount correct?

Yes or NO

This will help disputes where customer(s) say the amount is incorrect or they didn't approve the charge.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

You've got a couple of options for your checkout screen, and it sounds like you may want to display a separate tipping screen in order for your customers to view the total without tip before the payment is processed, @Icon-Clothing. You can learn more here.

If you opt not to display a Separate Tipping Screen, tipping options will be shown on the signature screen.

If choose to display a Separate Tipping Screen, your customers can select a tip after the payment has processed.

In regards to adding additional customized screens into the checkout flow, that wouldn't be possible at this time.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

No this isn't what I'm looking for. I'm just looking for payment confirmation where a customer can acknowledge the amount prior to signing. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Icon-Clothing

At this time, Square does not offer an option for customers to acknowledge the amount before signing. Other than the options presented above by Valentina this would be considered a feature request. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 4