x

Inputting a price increase for Appointments

I will be implementing a price increase on my services starting June 1.  I let my customers book online and they can book 90 days out, but most customers book 2 weeks out.  I don't want customers booking appointments now for days in June at the current price.  Is there a way to set a date for a price to become effective in the booking system?  Or a way to put a note saying the price will be $21 in June?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

I do not know of a way to change the price based on a future date.  

maybe, you could use this to your advantage and say book your appointments before June 1st and get the old price to drive sales.  Then on June 1st kick in the new pricing for walk-ins and new appointments.

although I wonder what will happen to appointments booked and then a price change after the booking?  @katieand or @Kpay what will happen in the situation where a price change happens after an appointment is booked?

Message 2 of 4
Admin

Helen from the Community team here! I think @VanKalkerFarms' idea is great but happy to clarify what happens in this scenario.

When you change the price of a service it does not automatically change the price of any existing booked appointments. If you require prepayment for appointments, your clients won't be charged again if you change the price. And I'm afraid there isn't a way to change the price of a service from a specific date in the future! 

To let your clients know about a future price change you do have a couple of options:

1. If your clients are booking online you could include information about the price change in the service description (or even the service name to make it very clear).
  2. If you are booking the appointments from the calendar you could add a note about price changes when you create the appointment. When you click Save you should see pop up that says Confirm Appointment and the option to add a Notification message. You can enter information about a price change there and it will appear at the top of the notification sent to your client.

Also, if you do need to change of the price of an appointment at checkout you can do so from the Appointments app (iOS only):

1. Select the Appointment > tap Review and Checkout.
  2. Tap on service name > tap on the price and use the key pad to enter the new price.
  3. Tap Save > and tap Charge to complete the transaction. 

I hope this helps but if you have any questions about this let me know! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 4

This isn’t right. Price increases should auto upload to already booked appointments. I’m booked out a year 50+ hrs a week. This is impossible 🤦🏻‍♀️

Message 4 of 4