x
Beta Member

Anyone having trouble with FreshKDS?

Is there anyone who is having trouble with FreshKDS?  We're having tons of trouble and their support team is not responsive.  

The problem I am encountering is that whenever I add a second tablet to the system, it isn't recognized by square.  Often it then breaks the first tablet.  We've tried multiple types of tablets, uninstalled and reinstalled everything, made sure all of our OS's are up to date, etc...

Is there anyone else struggling with this?

Message 1 of 69
68 REPLIES 68

We have 4 android tablets running FreshKDS and 4 square stands over a very strong network with dual wan providers. Our sole issue is the lack of support from FreshKDS. I have documented requests going back over 2 straight years asking for one **bleep** thing: the ability to see more than one screen worth of orders. Can’t swipe past 10 orders. 

Message 64 of 69

@NewYorkPizza, thank you for sharing your setup! I understand not getting movement on feature request can be frustrating, but please keep the language clean in the Seller Community. 😉 

Message 65 of 69

@NewYorkPizza  I recently received an email from KDS and they are supposed to be launching an update the end of the first qaurter.  I will hold my breath.  There is supposed to be better reporting, user interface and page unlimited number of tickets.  

Message 66 of 69

@1369Coffeehouse @candlepins@NewYorkPizza  Have any of you guys found an alternative to KDS?  Touch Bistro has a ticket system but runs on all iOS I believe.  I have seen a couple others but not confident in them just yet.   I use the 18" Galaxy View for one of my tablets and would hate to have to go to an 10" screen again. 

Message 67 of 69

Same here. We have galaxy Views also and never want 10” screens again. 

Message 68 of 69

Reading through these and I know it’s months later. But, my thoughts are these, granted I haven’t started using the KDS yet..if you use an iPad, couldn’t you hardwire it with the usb 3 camera connection from apple and have an usb to Ethernet and then power as well. To me if it’s connected on the same network it should solve the issues. 

Message 69 of 69