x

Appointment reminders for recurring appointments

How are appointment reminders handled for recurring appointments? Is is possible to turn off reminders for specific clients? 

Situation is I have a client who has 5-10 appointments with me each week. That client certainly does not need reminders for upcoming appointments. However, I also have clients who I see once every 4 months and would like to remind a couple of days before the appointment. 

Any suggestions and/or solutions? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @strandiford thanks for asking!

At this time, we don't have a direct way to edit notifications for just certain clients in notification settings, but you should be able to edit your client's default notification preferences from their customer profiles (under the Customer Directory), so you can choose whether the client gets email, sms, both or neither. This should help you with your specific client who comes frequently.

To do this:

1: Select your frequent client from the Customer Directory

2: Click the three horizontal lines on the top right of the customer's "profile card"

3: Select "Edit Personal Information"

4: Scroll down a little to see "Appointment Notifications" under "Time Zone"

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

Thanks Ashley. 
Tangentially, how are repeat appointments handled? For example, when I housesit I put a 10 minute appointment on my calendar that repeats daily. This way my schedule isn’t completely blocked off for those days and other clients can book daytime appointments with my other services. 
in that case, will my house sitting client get an appointment reminder for everyday? 

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

If you select "don't send a notification" for that specific client, then they won't receive a reminder every day. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

ALL SALONS ARE SHUT DOWN IN MY STATE. I am filling out Small Business Administration disaster injury worksheets and need to keep my appointments on the book but REMINDERS ARE STILL GOING OUT! HELP! 

Message 5 of 6
Admin

@thairapy2019 I just moved your post here so you can see @AshleyK's answer above. Follow her instructions and you can disable those reminders.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 6 of 6