x

Are the gift cards registered to individual accounts or can they be shared between accounts

I run a very small salon. My self one other stylist and one aesthetician. Each of us have our own square account and collect our own monies. Am I able to order gift certificates from my account and divide  them between the 3 of us?  Or would they only work with my account?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Scissorhappy — glad you asked! In short, yes, you can order Square Gift Cards from your account and divide them between the three of you, but I'd like to point out the following:

• Once a gift card is loaded, it then becomes associated with that account and cannot be redeemed elsewhere.
  • For example, you can give one of your blank gift cards that you ordered to your stylist and they can load it. After that, only they will be able to accept payments from that gift card using their Square account.

Please feel free to reply with any follow-up questions! I want to make sure we're offering the best possible solution. 😄

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Scissorhappy — glad you asked! In short, yes, you can order Square Gift Cards from your account and divide them between the three of you, but I'd like to point out the following:

• Once a gift card is loaded, it then becomes associated with that account and cannot be redeemed elsewhere.
  • For example, you can give one of your blank gift cards that you ordered to your stylist and they can load it. After that, only they will be able to accept payments from that gift card using their Square account.

Please feel free to reply with any follow-up questions! I want to make sure we're offering the best possible solution. 😄

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 5

We have several locations. All the same company. We've always been able to use gift cards at all the stores. Our newest location is not able to take or load the cards. Is this a setting somewhere? Grand opening is in 2 days. HELP!!!!

Message 3 of 5

Hi Tom,
Is this still the case for gift cards?
Thank you, i am trying to order cards and i have two accounts to issue them 🙂
Thank you

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Hey @eastvillage

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

I went ahead and answered your question regarding gift cards in this thread. Please let me know if you have any questions about this! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 5 of 5