x

Can one set of gift cards be used with two square accounts?

We purchased 1000 gift cards and would like to be able to load gift cards with both our Square accounts.  Since they were purchased with the information for one account, I wonder if that is why I am having trouble adding them as an item on our second account.  I cannot seem to set them up so I can load money on to them.

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

The cards are tied to your account.  You can use them across multiple locations in your one account but not across multiple accounts.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Super Seller

Best Answer

The cards are tied to your account.  You can use them across multiple locations in your one account but not across multiple accounts.

Message 2 of 10

since it is basically impossible to talk to a live human from square i am looking for answers here. i have gift cards purchased with a square account. Can i use them on a different square account or are they account specific?

Message 3 of 10
Alumni

Sorry to hear your troubles getting connected with Support. Our phones lines are currently open so reach a Support Advocate by following this link: squ.re/contact. Log in and click More > I Don't See My Issue. From there, you'll see our phone number along with your customer code.

As for your Gift card question, I moved you to a thread that answers it. I hope this helps!

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 10

It would be helpful for others with the same question if you provided the link to the thread you moved it to so we could also see the answer.

Message 5 of 10

Where is this thread with the answer? 😛
Moderators keep moderating 😛
Were you able to get answer to this question?

Message 6 of 10

Were you able to figure this out?

Message 7 of 10
Admin

Hey @eastvillage🌃

@VanKalkerFarms is correct with the best answer in this thread.  

You cannot use a Square Gift card at two different Square businesses.

However, when you have multiple locations enabled, your gift cards can be issued and redeemed at any of the locations associated with your Square account. Hope that makes sense! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 8 of 10

I have two accounts in one store can I accept gift cards from the other

Message 9 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi @islandroasters,

I moved your post to an existing thread for this question.

Gift cards are tied to accounts so if you had multiple locations on one account you could use them across both but not with two separate accounts. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 10