x

Are there any museum users?

I'm currently trying to upgrade our museum store to Square for Retail. Are there any museums here that use Square?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

@NAAM - Glad to see a new face around here 👋🎉

I found a couple Sellers who use Square for their museums! 

@MuseumShop @MOCAshop_Tucson @SPMUSEUM , mind chiming in to help? 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

I am in the process of doing the same thing.

Message 3 of 7

We just opened a book store in our small natural history museum, slowly re-opening after the pandemic closure.  The vast majority of items we sell are books and fossils of various kinds. Having volunteers at the Square register is tough when the items are not marked with identity nor pricing. Any suggestions? 

Message 4 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Seller Community, @NaturalK 👋

Have you created any items in your Dashboard, or app yet, and how are your items currently priced/identified? T

here are a few ways you could tackle this, and I'd love to know a bit more about your current set-up, so I can give you some suggestions. I've seen businesses use small, round stickers in different colours on their items, for example. Each colour represents a different price, e.g a red sticker means the item costs $10, a green one $5, and so on. If you're not tracking stock, or printing item labels or barcodes, this could work for you. I'm looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Message 5 of 7

Thanks, Arie

We have created items in Square.  Now the director is talking about buying jewel cases and labeling them.

There are way too many to use a color system, unless you wanted to classify all the sharks teeth with blue labels for instance. However, there are many type AND sizes which affects the prices. Same holds true with fossils of every type.

We would need to upgrade our Square software to enable printing of barcode labels. 

Thanks again for your interest!

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

With so many price variations at play, it sounds like barcodes would be the way to go, @NaturalK! There are also free barcode generator apps you could look up, in case you're not ready to upgrade to Square for Retail just yet. 

Message 7 of 7