x
Super Seller

Assign 20% VAT rate to an online checkout link

How do we assign 20% VAT rate to an online checkout link? Currently, the 'order' is recorded with no VAT and this is inaccurate and needs to be corrected.

Thanks

Alex Jessey
Message 1 of 6
Report Inappropriate Content
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @amjessey. Would you be able to provide me with a checkout link that isn't applying the 20% VAT rare? I'd like to take a further look. Thanks!

Message 2 of 6
Super Seller

Hi @k_atie 

I've just sent you in a private message the link to our Dashboard that shows the Online Checkout link. Is that ok for you?

Thanks 

Alex Jessey
Message 3 of 6

That's great @amjessey, thank you. I'll move this conversation to private messages and we can take it from there. 

Message 4 of 6
Super Seller

Hi @k_atie 

Thank you for your assistance.

As identified, it's the case that for online checkout links to include VAT then the 'sell an item' version needs to be used, but that is only available for items with a fixed price, and it will not work for items with a variable price. Because we need variable prices for our online checkout link we are therefore forced to use the online checkout link compatible with variable prices, which is called 'Collect a Payment' or similar. But then there are no options for VAT with that, which means we can't use Online Checkout Links. We hope there will be a fix so this limitation is lifted.

Thank you.

Alex Jessey
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for posting your feedback @amjessey. I'll make sure our team can view this post as feedback to better our products further down the line. 

Message 6 of 6