x
Beta Member

Gift Card

Hi All

Can you help.

I get asked to support local schools and charities all the time, I often send a printed say £30 voucher to be redeemed at the restaurant. I would like to send a gift card (via e-mail) with a code for the customer to use when they visit, is this posable?

Message 1 of 6
Report Inappropriate Content
3 Best Answers
Super Seller

Best Answer

Yes I believe, you can do it.

First I would tell the school or charity that they will receive the voucher via email before you send a voucher

They can just forward the email on to whoever they like. Or copy and paste the code in the email to make a new email or voucher.

You would then send them a eGift Card via the square restaurant app.
If you go to New Sale > Actions > Gift Cards > Send eGift Card.

You can then pick the design > custom amount > £30 > [School email or local charities]

it will then add the voucher to the order.

You could then record payment or comp it through as a voucher by pressing the three dots […] then comp.

Tip: In gift card settings put the address and contact details in redemption policy so who ever receives the voucher knows where the restaurants are etc...

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
Super Seller

Best Answer

Did this work for you?

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 6
Super Seller

Best Answer

After the credit is all used up on the card, you can ask the customer/prize-winner if would like to keep the card as a memento or put more credit on it for them.

Or if they don't want it anymore you could take the card back from them and put more credit on it and give it to someone else.

Kind regards,

Joss 

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Best Answer

Yes I believe, you can do it.

First I would tell the school or charity that they will receive the voucher via email before you send a voucher

They can just forward the email on to whoever they like. Or copy and paste the code in the email to make a new email or voucher.

You would then send them a eGift Card via the square restaurant app.
If you go to New Sale > Actions > Gift Cards > Send eGift Card.

You can then pick the design > custom amount > £30 > [School email or local charities]

it will then add the voucher to the order.

You could then record payment or comp it through as a voucher by pressing the three dots […] then comp.

Tip: In gift card settings put the address and contact details in redemption policy so who ever receives the voucher knows where the restaurants are etc...

Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

Thats all worked perfectly, thank you for that.

The only bit I cant find is the tree dots ... what is that, its currently not allowing me to comp it

Regards

Nick

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

Best Answer

Did this work for you?

Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

Yes its working perfectly.

Do you know if we use the card version of the gift card,(which I now have) when they are redeemed, can you reuse the card and card number or is it waste?

Regards

Nick

Message 5 of 6
Super Seller

Best Answer

After the credit is all used up on the card, you can ask the customer/prize-winner if would like to keep the card as a memento or put more credit on it for them.

Or if they don't want it anymore you could take the card back from them and put more credit on it and give it to someone else.

Kind regards,

Joss 

Message 6 of 6