x

Automated Email Notifications - Subject Line

Hello!

I really need to change what is shown in the subject line of the automated email that gets sent to customers confirming their order.

For some reason it says "Your download is ready!" when I sent a test email. There doesn't seem to be any place to edit the email subject line. There's some other static text in the confirmation email template that also can't be edited or deleted. 

I really need to change this subject line, as it has literally nothing to do with my business. 

Thanks in advance!

Jess

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Jess_SS! Welcome to the Seller Community. 🙂

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to change the title of the automatic emails that are sent out, which I know is frustrating to hear since this was the one thing you wanted to change. You can edit your emails under Online Store > Settings > Email Setup, but you still won't be able to access the title section. 

I've shared your feedback with our team and will merge any similar threads to here. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 20

Hi,

I'm having trouble with the same thing. My Order Confirmation emails say "Your download is ready." I feel like it's unprofessional to have customers receiving emails with this subject line. Has Square figured out a way to remedy this?

Message 3 of 20
Admin

Hi @botanicaboutiqu - Thanks for chiming in! We're still tracking feedback around this topic. We'll continue to pass it along and update this thread if anything changes.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 20

Hi ! 

Any update on this? it is very important ! I have trouble too with the subject email.

Message 5 of 20

Any update on this? I'm having trouble with the subject line too.

Thanks!

Message 6 of 20
Alumni

Hi @ortizs2 - and welcome to the Seller Community

It's still not possible to edit emails related to orders outside of what you see in the Communications settings.

You can reach this page by opening your Square Online overview pageCommunications Email & Text Alerts.

If you would like to edit these emails past what is available here, that is currently considered a feature request.

Valentina
Message 7 of 20

I find it hard to understand how changing the subject line from "Your download is ready" to something more generic is difficult to do. Many businesses on Square involve  are non-digital purchases e.g. services and products. Why not generalize the subject line to something like "Order received", if not let sellers customize their orders?

Message 8 of 20

Dislike. 

Message 9 of 20

Hello, please make this subject line editable. It makes no sense to have an order confirmation email say "Your download is ready" when really it should say "Your order confirmation." It's not that hard to make this update and as others have said, it's very unprofessional.

Message 10 of 20

I absolutely need to be able to change this subject line. Agreed with @Nicole_VHB that it's not difficult to make this update. May need to switch platforms if this cannot be changed.

Message 11 of 20

I find it hard to understand how changing the subject line from "Your download is ready" to something more generic is difficult to do. Many businesses on Square involve  are non-digital purchases e.g. services and products. Why not generalize the subject line to something like "Order received", if not let sellers customize their orders?

Message 12 of 20

Okay, I just posted a thread about this...any way we can edit the subject line yet?? Sounds like it's something the users really need. Hopefully you're listening to us because I REALLY need to change the subject line. 

Message 13 of 20

Thanks for reaching out to add your voice to this conversation, @drleipold!

Are you able to confirm whether this email is being sent for digital item types only or for all item types?

Once I have some more information, I'll run a test of this on my account and get back to you!

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Message 14 of 20

I am very confused as my business sells beauty products online and the order confirmation email says "Your download is ready". It also has a weird section about downloadable content, which we do not sell. Is there a setting somewhere to remove this section of the email template and change the subject line to something that makes more sense for a retail business?

Message 15 of 20

Hey @FineLineATX,

Thanks for reaching out! 

It sounds like your product might be set up as a digital product, rather than a physical one. Different item types can be useful if you're selling events, or downloadable files for instance. Check out how your items are set up via these steps:

1. Sign in to your Square Online Dashboard.

2. Select Items > Site Items > click on one of your items.

3. You'll see Item Type right under Item Information.  

Please let us know how you go, and if your item was set to digital! 

Message 16 of 20
Beta Member

This is also a problem for my account.

We sell artwork, nothing digital to download.
All the items are set to Physical.
Before I edited the text of the confirmation email, it was coming over with the subject "Thank you for your order!" but ever since I used the edit function to change the text I'm getting the "Your download is ready" subject. This is really a mess. Please fix this ASAP.

Message 17 of 20

This definitely sounds odd, @artspaceorg! I'd suggest reaching out to our CS team directly so we can troubleshoot a bit further and see if there's a bug at play here. You can call us on 1-855-700-6000, or email the team here

Message 18 of 20

Hi - we really need the option to change the SUBJECT LINE of the Automated emails. We are a Bakery and allow pre-orders for items. When our Order Confirmation emails come through, the recipient gets an email Subject of "Your Download is Ready". This makes zero sense as we do not even sell digital content. ALL of our items are listed as Prepared Food and Beverage. We also want to change the subject of Order is Prepared Automated Email. 

I HAVE gone into the email editor and made it say what we want, but we are very concerned with customers not even opening an email because the idea of "Your Download is Ready" is ridiculous to be receiving from a Bakery and it may be misinterpreted as SPAM 

I can see that this is a "Feature Request" and has been for quite some time, please tell me that you have a solution in place and where I can go to remedy this. 

Message 19 of 20

Hey there, @Jenisuglypies

You're correct, this would be a current Feature Request for your email confirmations through the Square Online Store. 

The email confirmations have limited customization, but being able to edit the subject line is not available. 

I appreciate you adding your voice to this one, as well. If you have a moment, please head over to our Ideate Board to bring this to our Product Team. Thank you!

Kassi
Message 20 of 20