x

BOGO for online sales?

Is there a way to setup a BOGO promotion for online sales? I know I can do it for in store POS… Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

@UY  You can use online coupons for this. Get into Online from your dashboard.  Select:

Items

Coupons

Add Coupon

Define the coupon use as you wish and save it.  When checking out, customers will have to know the coupon code in order to claim the promotion.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Regards,

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 5

but what about BOGO specifically? There's no option for that. We'd have to mark it as 50% off and then they could just buy one thing and not two if they had the code. 

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

@ashleycooper Apologies.  I answered this in another thread, and thought I had circled back to this one to update it.

At this time, Square has separate discount/coupon lists for POS and Online Sales.  Unfortunately the ability to do conditional discounts — like BOGO — is not available online.  The only way that I can think of for you to do BOGO is to have a different item for all items that you offer BOGO for.  So if you have an item “Candle” you’d have to create an item “BOGO candle” that would offer two for the price of a single candle.  Of course I do realize that this isn’t necessarily satisfactory, since people might not want two candles that not exactly the same, but might want one to be green the other to be red, for example.

I’m pretty sure that others (including myself) have suggested to Square that they need to consolidate all discounts and coupons into one master list with the same capabilities, that would allow us to define where (POS vs Online vs Invoices, etc) that each discount is available.  As of this writing, though, I’ve not seen movement or announcements for this capability, nor have online coupon codes been given the same automatic capabilities that POS discounts have.  You’re welcome, of course, to submit a feature request here.

Sorry I can’t be of more help here, other than to say “you can’t get there from here.”

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 4 of 5
Super Seller

Hey @UY @ashleycooper I’m circling back to this.  Thanks to @pomellaoakland for liking my previous post because when I reviewed it I realized there is some movement by Square here.  When you add discounts now, you can set automatic discounts to apply to online sales.  However this is limited to item-based discounts only.  You can’t have category-based discounts automatically apply to online sales.

When you go to your dashboard > Items & Orders > Items > Discounts, you’ll see a new message at the top that says “:Automatic discounts are now available for Square Online!”. When you define or edit a discount, you now have the option for it to apply online as well.  Hopefully that will help you get closer to what you wanted to do!

Chip

Website
Facebook
Message 5 of 5