x
Beta Member

Can I credit sales of certain items/services to multiple employees in a single sale?

The title of this thread was updated from its original title: “I am expanding my business from a strictly service industry with multiple contract personnel to addi”.

I am expanding my business from a strictly service industry with multiple contract personnel to adding multiple retail lines for each of us.  My question is...How do I use one POS that will charge a client one time and still make sure that each service and retail item is posted to the correct contractors account?  

For example...Client comes in for a haircut and a tan and also purchases hair product from the stylist and retail items from the store.  I want her to be able to use her card once to pay for all but the product and haircut amount is directed to the stylist, the tan payment goes to the airbrush artist and the retail items go to the store account.  Enabling all to keep track of inventory and taxes.  It confuses me to explain it so you can imagine how confusing it would be for me to incorporate it.  I would like to have this figured out before we move for a smooth transition.

Thanks,

Confused

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @glowgirl

Welcome to the Seller Community 🙌🏼

Unfortunately the ability to do this isn't available, and there's not a lot of workarounds that I've seen for this. 

You can categorize for each type of service or product you sell, and include the contractors name in the item name itself. 

In your example, you would add to the sale the following:

Haircut by (Stylist Name)

Product by (Stylist Name)

Spray Tan by (Spray Tan Artist Name)

You would then pay out your employees according to your Item Sales report. 

Let me know if this helps any!

Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Thank you that is something to think about. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

You're welcome @glowgirl

Let me know if you come up with any better workarounds, as I'm sure there are a few other sellers that have this same question and are looking for a similar solution. 

Message 4 of 4