x
Beta Member

Can I give an employee a specified amount from the tip pool

I have an employee that is not part of the tip pool but was tipped by a customer using a cc for a specific job and want to give him/her that tip.  Is there a way to take it out of the tip pool and designate it to him/her?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Hey there @sarajaye - This is a good one! I'm stumped but I just reached out to the Payroll Team to pick their brains. I'll be back once I receive word.

Brb! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6
Alumni

@sarajaye - Back with an update from Payroll -

Since our tip importing feature currently only supports pooling and splitting based on hours worked, there's not a way to pay the tip to your employee if they're outside the tip pool.

Perhaps you can manually adjust the tip amounts that are imported into Square Payroll - but you'll need to manually calculate how much to deduct from employee's "paycheck tip" amount when processing payroll.

Worth a shot! 

Justin
Message 3 of 6
Beta Member

@JustinC - we do this.  But it would be nice to be able to assign a certain percentage to an employee. 

We pay out our barback 10% of the tips during the shift worked - which I manually do every Monday during Payroll. 

If this has been addressed in another thread or in the Beta Community let me know!

Thanks!

Message 4 of 6
Square Community Moderator

This would be considered a feature request at this time, @Apt9F. Feel free to join our Beta Community to learn more of the upcoming updates!

JJ
Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

Thanks JJ - I am part of the Beta Community - - - wasn't sure if you knew of a thread.  I'll check there!

Message 6 of 6