x

Can I have multiple square accounts on the same device?

Can I have multiple square accounts on my phone at the same time? And if so how do I know which is which? Is there a way to rename one of them??

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 30
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

You can use multiple accounts on the same device.  You just use the one Square POS app and you log into whatever account you need at the time of the transaction.  There is no "hot switching" between accounts currently.

View Best Answer >

Message 11 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @kdallen431

Welcome to the Community!

Switching between accounts can be tricky. Since each stylist has their own account, it would require them to log-out and back into before the transaction. There isn't a way to toggle between different accounts, especially different account owners. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 22 of 30

That would be a very handy upgrade. Even if you required a 4 digit pin to open each individual  account. 

Message 23 of 30

We have 5 individual business' in my space. We all have Square on our phones, but it would be so helpful if there was a way to "click" a face, or icon to SWITCH account users on one central device. 

There would obviously need to be a Pin or Password protection per account but it would be awesome if we could just click on another user profile shortcut and get their account easier. 

Right now you have to Log Out, and log in with email and password to the device, Log Out again and Log BACK into the main account. Other app sites like FB have a multiuser feature where you can just click a picture and then provide a password and it will switch accounts. 

Please consider this convenience. 

Message 24 of 30
Alumni

Thanks for letting us know about your interest in this feature, @AllisonBBz! I've moved your post to a thread where others have requested the same ability, so we can continue tracking interest.

I can think of a few different business models that could benefit from being able to connect multiple Square accounts one central device. I'd be interested to know more about your business model - to get a better idea of why this feature would be useful for you. If you have a moment to share, our product teams always appreciate specific examples.

Valentina
Message 25 of 30
Beta Member

this is a much needed feature to be able to toggle between accounts. I also run a salon and have 6 different stylists that each have their own business. it would be great to have one device we could all use instead of the multiple phones, iPads, etc.. 

I understand that you can log in and out of accounts but honestly, no one has time for that. 

Message 26 of 30

I have two businesses and use one device (Android phone). When I open Square, I have no way of seeing which account I'm in. There's nothing that tells me which business I've opened.  Help!

Message 27 of 30

PLEASE develop this feature! This is the age of the small business. We are in an art gallery where every artist has to process their own sales. Logging in and out is hugely inconvenient and a security risk. Sometimes we want to process a sale if an artist isn’t there that day. This can’t be that hard. Just give us this feature please! We’re shopping your competitors to see if they offer that

Message 28 of 30
Square Community Moderator

Hi @randynavarro and welcome to the Community.

You actually can see which account you're logged into if you go under Settings and check the email it's logged into there.

You'll have to sign out/sign into whichever account you want to use. To be safe I would recommend maybe logging out each time to make sure the right one is being logged into to take sales for that business.

Ashley C
Message 29 of 30

How do you have square for 2 businesses

Message 30 of 30