x

Can I include the item description in the "Items" section of the app?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: item description on "Items" section

When I go into the 'Items' section, I see columns for prodcut, sku, category, location, in stock and price. All of the options under the + symbol to the right are checked. It appears that I am unable to add "Description" to the items screen. Is this correct? I just uploaded my entire inventory and really need to view item description on this page, as all of my products are inventoried by number. Thanks in advance for the help. I wasn't able to find anything in the help file. 🙂 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hello @DSteele! Currently there isn't way to include the item description in the item screen (also know as the 'item grid') or as a preview to the list of items in the app.

But I understand the predicament you're in if your item names are numbers! You can add an item name from the app but it would probably be easier to do this from your online Square Dashboard using a computer. 

Alternatively you could use the Export/Import tool to download your complete item library, make edits to item names, and then upload those edits back to your Dashboard. If you need help with this give our CS team a call and they'll be able to help. 🙂

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 2