x

Can I manage multiple businesses from the same Square account?

I have 2 home businesses can I use the same account or should I set up different accounts?

Message 1 of 80
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Absolutely! You actually have two options here, depending on your situation:
You can use one account with multiple locations, or create two separate Square accounts. 

1. By creating two "Locations" for your Square account, you can manage two businesses while just having to keep track of one username/password. Keep in mind that this option is best for a single business with multiple locations, as sales records, inventory, and other details can be tied together. Review this Support Center article for more details on how to set this up if you're interested.

2. By setting up a different Square account for each business, you can keep them distinctly separate with different usernames and passwords. Their sales records, and other data won't be tied together either. If you have two different EIN numbers, this is the best way to keep them separate (likely easier for you too).  With this option, you'll just need to log out, and then log back into the app with the correct username when switching - head here to learn more.

Hope that helps! 😊

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 80
79 REPLIES 79
Admin

Hey @Artiquesoflex!

Thanks for your post.

The only work around I can think of is having two different locations under one Square account. The login will be the same, but every time you login to the Point of Sale system, it'll ask you which location you'd like to take the payment under. Each location will have their own EIN to record the payments under. 

So while you will get to have two EINs under the same Square login, you will still have to log in and out of the POS system to switch locations, which I know is not ideal for you. 

I moved your thread over to this thread because I think the best answer may be helpful to take a look at too. It goes into a bit more detail. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 64 of 80

I want create a new business, but use my square...do I have to set up a whole business acct with square?

Message 65 of 80
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Deedee18

Welcome to the Community! 

I am moving your post over to a board with similar questions. If you check out the Best Answer by Sean on this post, it will show you the options you have for multiple businesses. Your path will depend on your situation. 

If you have other question, please let me know. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 66 of 80

How do you put 2 business' on one square acct.

Message 67 of 80

Hi @kayennis55! Welcome to the Community.

I merged your post with an existing post where other sellers had the same question.

Check out @Sean's best answer above. Keep in mind if the businesses are separate types of businesses you'll need to create a whole separate account for each due to our Terms of Service though.

Ashley C
Message 68 of 80

Hi... Can we use one Square account for two or more separate business names? (Each business attached to the same bank account & the same person/owner, with the same address, etc)   If yes, how do we go about setting that up? 

We can only install one Square app, but I need to know if it can handle two or more separate businesses. (i.e.. can we toggle between more than one business name for our records, using just one Square account & one app. -- Thanks for any info!

Message 69 of 80
Alumni

Hi @vippstoffice This is doable using the muli-location management feature. You can link the same bank account, while entering different biz info relative to the Location. 

The only downside is there isn't an easy way to toggle btwn locations. You'll need to manually sign out of the POS app, then back in to choose a different location. Get's a bit clumsy. 

Justin
Message 70 of 80

I have 2 Business accounts on my Square. . .  How do I switch from one account to the other on my terminal?

Message 71 of 80

Welcome to the Seller Community, @CodiWolf

I've moved your post to this board where a similar question was asked. Checkout the best answer here for more details. 😊

Message 72 of 80

I would like to add another business on my square reader and another business account. How would I be able to do this?

Message 73 of 80

HI, for the second business, best business advice, a different reader and a different account.  So when (not if) something goes wrong it does not affect the other business.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 74 of 80

I thought the square app was based on your account not the reader. I'm asking if you can set up a new business under the same account not the reader. Similar to having more than one account on social media you can switch back and forth on for payments and information. I don't think I asked that right the first time. 

Message 75 of 80
Alumni

Hi there @LAnotary 👋

We've moved your post over to this thread where @Sean provided some advice for this situation!

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Message 76 of 80

Can we have two business accounts set up to one terminal, to take payments for two seperate business'?

Message 77 of 80

Hi there @Mmccoy

Welcome to the Seller Community! I've moved your post over to this thread where @Sean provided some advice for this situation! Hope this helps!

Ellie
Message 78 of 80

Hello everyone,  I have a quick question.  Is it possible to connect two or more businesses to one square account? Or do I need to setup two separate accounts?

Message 79 of 80

Hi @Nubynking2004 - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

Great Question.

This is something that you can do.

Here's a thread detailing just how to achieve this step by step.

I hope this helps. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Message 80 of 80