x

Can I manually input transactions? Can I use the chip card reader on iPhone and Android devices?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: About manual inputs and transferability of a square chip card reader from Android to and iPhone...

I am 100% new to Square, other than having read reviews and about the different types of readers and searching. I am wondering, as I do a lot of my consultation work via email and over the phone, and so am not dealing with the client in person... If I buy the square chip card reader, I assume I would still be able to manually input a transaction on my phone or computer through the square app, right?  The second questions is this, if I buy the square chip card reader , is it transferable between and iPhone and an Android phone and vise versa, as I currently have an Android and can not wait to get rid of it and get an iPhone again, but do not want to waste my money otherwise and will wait to buy the square when I get my new phone next month? Thanks! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Yes, you can process manual input card in the app and in the virtual terminal of your Square dashboard online.  manual transactions are a higher rate due to a higher chance of fraud.  see pricing here.  https://squareup.com/pricing

readers are "dumb" devices meaning they don't care what they are paired with it just matters that you are logged in on the device with your account.

Message 2 of 3

Thank you for your kind and clear replies! 

Message 3 of 3