x

Card on File from Cognito Forms

Hi, we are currently own a car rental, 100% of our sales are from the website. So far we charge to our customer manually when they make a reservation. Last week we got Square Payment Integration from Cognito Forms (template where we got the customer trip information) and everything is great, but we are wondering what happens when we woluld need to charge extra amount to our customers, as tolls, tickets, cleanning fee, etc. There are any way we can to inplement Card On File from the website? How it works?

We have a check box into the website that let the customer check if we can keep their Credit Card Information also specific policies regarding returns and exchanges, etc.

Since this is an online store we do not use a machine in order to hold their card on file. Is there any way I am able to still hold the card on file for these fees if they do come up, even though this is an online store?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Alumni

Hey @candcrentacar 👋🏼

If your customers have consented to keep their card on file, you can do so by creating a profile for them within your Customer Directory. From there, you can process the payment by using our Invoices feature within your Square Dashboard. Even if you don't have the card information prior to sending the Invoice, the customer can enter payment on their end and opt to save their Card on File from there.

Hope that helps and happy new year! 🎊

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 9

Thanks so much @puka, do you have any sample with these function that you mention befoe?

I would appreciate your help.

Kind regards,

Alex

Message 3 of 9
Alumni

Good morning, Alex! If you follow the links in my previous post, it details how to set up the features I mentioned. If you still need further help with visual examples, just let me know!

Puka - She/They
Message 4 of 9

Hi @puka thank you so much. The thing is i need to create the Card on File from my web site, on line. Honestly I dont know how. I know how to create it from the dashboard, but not from my web. Can you help me please?

Message 5 of 9
Alumni

Ah. To clarify, your business website is not hosted by Square, correct? If so, here's a great thread on how to do implement the ability to store and charge a card on file all through your online store.

Puka - She/They
Message 6 of 9

Hi @puka thanks for your response. No is not, it is at godaddy.com

That means I cant use this feature?

Message 7 of 9
Alumni

Sorry! Just realized that the link I posted in the last message didn't post correctly. I've updated it, but it basically explains how you can implement our API within your website even if it's not hosted by us. You may need a developer to help you set it up if you're not familiar with how to do it yourself. 👍🏼

Puka - She/They
Message 8 of 9

Thanks for asking this question.  we are trying to do the exact same thing.

Message 9 of 9