x

Can I print a reciept prior to charging?

i would like to print a itemized reciept prior to charging client

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller Alumni

Hey @alex5

It does not look like you can print a Receipt before taking Payment, but you would be able to print an Order Ticket if that works.

The steps for that are in this thread: https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Questions-How-To/Can-you-print-an-open-ticket-before-taking-a-pay...

Here is a copy of it from @Helen:

To do this you'll need to enable a setting in the Printers section of the app on your tablet first:

1. Sign in to the POS app and navigate to Settings.
  2. Scroll down > tap Printers
  3. Toggle the switch next to enable Receipts, Bills, Reports Open Cash Drawers.

With this enabled you'll have now see the option to print a bill to give to your customers. To do this:

1. From the Checkout section of the app tap Tickets (to see all of your open tickets) > tap Edit in the upper right.
  2. You'll see a list of options > select Print Bill.
  3. A copy of the items on the ticket will be printed.

You'll also be able to print a bill if you open a ticket and tap the drop down arrow in the upper right. You'll the list of options and you can select Print Bill.

----

And here's the Support Guide for Printing Order tickets: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5194

--

Does that work for you?

Out of curiosity, what's your workflow that you want an itemized receipt before payment?

Hope this helps,

Pesso

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 2 of 3
Admin

@alex5 Helen here from the Community team! Thanks for answering this one @pessosices

I just wanted to add here that we just launched a beta for Estimates for Square Invoices. With Estimates you can add line items and send an estimate to a customer before they make a payment. You can also print Estimates too!

It sounds like this might be what you're looking for? If so, to join the beta head to this thread: Beta Test Estimates for Square Invoices

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 3 of 3