x

Can I receive transfers from Square Point of Sale to the Cash App Card?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Square & cash app

Is there any way to transfer the money from Square Sales to your Cash App card?

Message 1 of 23
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @D2C @VanKalkerFarms!

Actually you can link your Cash app account and routing numbers to your Square Point of Sale account to receive your transfer.

If you link your Cash App account details, your Square Point of Sale transfer will be available in your Cash app balance in 1-2 business days. You can then spend the money using the Cash Card. Here are the steps to enable Direct Deposit from the Cash App.

Keep in mind it is not possible to link your Cash Card to Square Point of Sale in order to use Instant Transfer. 

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any additional questions! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Super Seller

no, they are 2 separate offerings.  from what I've read here the cash card isn't compatible with instant deposits either.

Edit: I was incorrect, you can link the Card like a regular bank account, but I was correct about instant deposit not working.  Thanks, @Helen.

Message 2 of 23
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @D2C @VanKalkerFarms!

Actually you can link your Cash app account and routing numbers to your Square Point of Sale account to receive your transfer.

If you link your Cash App account details, your Square Point of Sale transfer will be available in your Cash app balance in 1-2 business days. You can then spend the money using the Cash Card. Here are the steps to enable Direct Deposit from the Cash App.

Keep in mind it is not possible to link your Cash Card to Square Point of Sale in order to use Instant Transfer. 

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any additional questions! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 3 of 23

I was just wondering if it possible to use my cash app card to collect my transaction 

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 23
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Odizzle9dub 👋 Great to hear from you again!

I would take a look at this Best Answer from @Helen - it should give you some insight into connecting your Cash Account with Square. I'm going to go ahead and merge your original post with this thread as well.

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 23

Can I link my square cash card to my other square accounts

Message 6 of 23
Admin

Hey @Johnny2-

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community!

I think you're referring to linking your Cash App account to receive Square transfers.

Yes, this is possible! Take a look at the best answer in this thread for instructions on how-to. Let me know if you have any questions about this. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 7 of 23

I am having trouble getting /transferring the payment to my acct and was advised by the support team to refund the transaction and use cash app instead . Just making sure linking the cash app acct. When I send the invoice square and customer pay, It will go directly to the cash app?do I have to do anything aside form that?

Message 8 of 23

Is it possible to link my deposits to the Square Cash App Debt Card?

Message 9 of 23
Admin

@Bro-BQ Take a look at this thread where I answered this question!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 10 of 23

That's great! Thank you for the reply. 

Message 11 of 23

Why offer deposits to a CashApp bank account via routing and account number but not allow instant deposits via the CashApp cash card? It's literally the same account and Square literally owns CashApp. It just doesn't sense. Thats like giving someone a membership account to get into a store but they can't use the card to buy anything....

Message 12 of 23
Admin

@Kimberprice99

It may sound counterintuitive, but the funds do need to go to an established account in order to transfer them. CashApp funds deposit to the linked bank account, just like other accounts. For instance, a person using Instant Deposit for their Square balance, doesn't deposit the money to the card- they use the card to deposit it to the bank account associated with the account.

Since CashApp cards aren't prepaid cards (which are not supported), we need to deposit directly to an actual bank account. The card is just the medium to use money where transfer isn't possible (think the gas station for instance).

You could cut out the middleman and check out the Square Card, which is a debit card that allows you to spend directly from your Square balance. Your balance remains housed in Square's system, and you spend from your account as you take payments.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 13 of 23

why cant i get a square it says my information wrong when literally its right

Message 14 of 23

It appears that Square's own Cash App debit card cannot be used as an Instant Transfer recipient.  Attempting to add the card results in the dreaded "Card not supported" message.

Is this possible?  Is there another way to link my Cash App account?  There is some irony here if Square's own card can't be used to transfer into.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks folks!

Message 15 of 23
Alumni

@duncancarroll

Totally understand your point given that both Cash App and Point of Sale are both under the Square umbrella. 

Although you can link your CashApp routing and account number to receive next day transfers, the debit card doesn't support Instant Transfer at this time. 

We're currently tracking all Sellers asking for this feature. I've merged you so you can join them and so we can easily find you in case anything changes. Thanks for your patience while we work on improvements. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Message 16 of 23

Is there a way to send money from my Square business debit card to the cash app?

Message 17 of 23
Admin

Hey @Rebowe731!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

You can take payments using Square, and then have them be transferred to your Cash App account via standard deposit.

Take a look at the best answer in this thread for more information. If you have any additional questions about this, please reply back to me in this thread! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 18 of 23
Square Community Moderator

Hello @ronniecarlo.

Sorry to hear about your experience with the Cash card. I have moved your post to this thread where @Helen provides the best answer on the process of linking your Cash app account to Square. Regarding your Cash card saying it's not from the US. I suggest to contact them via Cash Twitter directly by using @CashApp as we don't have the ability to assist with Cash App accounts or cards. 

Let me know if you have any other general Square questions.

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 19 of 23

I notice that Square owns Cash App. Why is the Cash App card unsupported by Square? It accepted my Cash App deposit information, but won't allow me to use my Cash App card for transfers. Seems like it would accept a card it owns.

Message 20 of 23

Exactly 

Message 21 of 23