x

Can I send an Invoice to an overseas customer?

I have a customer in the UK who like to pay by invoice.  Is it possible to do this with square invoice? 

Message 1 of 40
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Happy to follow up here.

Our Payment Services allow you to accept payments from any US-issued and most non-US issued credit, debit, prepaid, or gift cards with the American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa logos. Hope this helps! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 16 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
Admin

@Mariah1 Your customer can use their UK-issued card to pay the invoice! 

Invoices can be paid with most non-US issued credit and debit cards as long as they have the American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa logos. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 22 of 40

I’ve got a two clients In Australia that have tried to pay wth debit cards and cannot. I’ve sent the invoices, through square, they can read them but the cards won’t be read. There is no problem with the financial institutions either. Good cards but can’t pay the invoice. Any suggestions?

Message 23 of 40

Hello @CSST!

Square can process most internationally-issued cards that are on our Accepted Card List. Are there any payment attempts on the invoice? 

Does the customer see any error messages on their end? 

Message 24 of 40

Is there a way for me to see an attempt to pay? The client says they tried but it’s a debit card issued visa. 

Message 25 of 40

@CSST any declined or canceled payments will show up on your Transaction Status Report on your Dashboard. 🙂

Message 26 of 40

what about the zip code?

Message 27 of 40
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @revel8 and welcome to the Seller Community.

While Postal Code is required for the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom.  Your customers outside of these required countries are able to complete the transaction without entering a postal code or entering "00000". 

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 28 of 40

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "International Invoices?"

Can I send invoices to international customers? Or is the only way to do a payment, manually putting the card number in? I feel I would loose customers due to privacy issues doing that. 

Message 29 of 40

Hello,

I have a US-based account but will need to virtually process a Canadian card. Am I allowed to use the invoice feature for this or do I need her to send me her card details and then process manually via dashboard?

Thanks!

Message 30 of 40
Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Invoicing for an international card

@AmieLICSW Yes you can send your customer an Invoice if they are in Canada. Check out the Best Answer in this thread for more details! 😀

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 31 of 40

Thank you so much, @Helen! 🙂

Message 32 of 40

This comment was created by merging the thread "Hi, am new to square is there anyone that uses square for transaction from the bahamas"

Hi I have costumer that I would like to sell things to that are located in the Bahamas.  But I don't know how to take there payments can anyone help me please

Message 33 of 40

Hello @Lisa46

I went ahead and merged your thread with this one, since this question has been asked before. It makes the community easier to navigate for other members. 😀

If you have a customer overseas, you can send them a Square Invoice! As long as you're in the United States when you send it. 😁

Message 34 of 40

Can I send an invoice to and receive payment from someone in Mexico?  If so, Where do I go to see the fees involved with this type of transaction?

Message 35 of 40
Alumni

Yup @IGM ! Fees are 2.9% + 30c per each paid invoice. I moved your post to this thread to join other sellers asking the same thing. Check out Sean's best answer on the first page! 

Justin
Message 36 of 40

I have setup a Square account in US. I need to send invoice to customers in India that they can then pay with a credit card in local currency. Is this possible? what do they enter instead of zip code (India doesn't have a 5 digit ZIP code, it has 6 digit PIN code). Are there any limits on max. invoice value? Sorry for asking so many questions. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Message 37 of 40
Admin

Hello @PTC! I moved your question to this thread that talks more specifically about international invoices. 

Now in regards to the zip code/PIN, your customer should be able to enter 5 zeros and have the invoice go through without a problem.

The per transaction limit is $50,000.

Hope this helps!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 38 of 40

I live in the US and have a new client who lives in Turkey.  I'd like to send her an invoice and allow her to pay through a credit card.  Is that possible?  If so, is the charge the same as US customers?

Message 39 of 40
Alumni

@mfry

Yep, it's possible! As long as your customer is paying with a card branded with American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa logos. The fees are the same as sending an Invoice to a US customer. 

Justin
Message 40 of 40