x

Can I transfer / deposit funds from my bank to my Square Card?

This title of this thread has been updated from "How do I route deposits to Square Card?"

Hello, how do I route my deposits to my Square Card? I tried to change my debit card to my Square Card but I got a message saying that I did not need to do change my card.

Message 1 of 95
2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: How to add funds to Square Card?

If you’re using the IOS app then use the -White square- point of sales app to add funds with the “add money” button. The -Green square- appointments app won’t show the “add money” button. Hope this helps someone else find the answer faster, as I spent hours researching it but ultimately figured it out myself. 

Verified Answer

Re: How to add funds to Square Card?

Wanted to provide an update to this thread since you can add funds to your Square balance now for your Square Card!

Here's the steps from our Support Center:

Adding Funds from the app:

1. Tap the three horizontal lines > Balance.
  2. Select Add money.
  3. Enter the amount to transfer.
  4. In the Source field, you can review the last three digits of your linked bank account.
  5. Once you’ve confirmed the transfer details, tap Add.

Adding funds from the Dashboard:

1. Sign in to the Balance section of your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Click the Overview tab > Add money.
  4. In the Source field, you can review the last three digits of your linked bank account or add a new one.
3 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

If you're still subscribed to this thread, and missed the introduction of this feature earlier this year, I'm here to let you know that this is possible! If you haven't already learned how to transfer funds from your bank to your Square Card using a linked debit card, head over to this article to learn more.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 65 of 95
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Wanted to provide an update to this thread since you can add funds to your Square balance now for your Square Card!

Here's the steps from our Support Center:

Adding Funds from the app:

1. Tap the three horizontal lines > Balance.
  2. Select Add money.
  4. In the Source field, you can review the last three digits of your linked bank account.

Adding funds from the Dashboard:

1. Sign in to the Balance section of your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Click the Overview tab > Add money.
  4. In the Source field, you can review the last three digits of your linked bank account or add a new one.
Ashley C

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 95

Best Answer

UPDATE! If you, like me, have payments coming in VIA a POS (reader) AND through a web browser, you must establish a payment history BEFORE that "Add Funds" button will appear. Apparently if you take payments through a reader AND via online (invoices, website payments, etc..) it takes longer to appear than if you were only using a reader.

View Best Answer >

Message 88 of 95
94 REPLIES 94
Alumni

Check out the article linked in Valentina's best answer on this thread above. @Milesx3

Justin
Message 85 of 95

How do I transfer to my sq card

Residential and housecleaning services
Message 86 of 95
Admin

@Shellygrillo22 I moved your post to this thread so you can peek at the answer to your question!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 87 of 95

Best Answer

UPDATE! If you, like me, have payments coming in VIA a POS (reader) AND through a web browser, you must establish a payment history BEFORE that "Add Funds" button will appear. Apparently if you take payments through a reader AND via online (invoices, website payments, etc..) it takes longer to appear than if you were only using a reader.

Message 88 of 95
Alumni

Thank you for sharing, @DreamDesigns

And welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Message 89 of 95

Just found this out today too! I used to have the ability to deposit checks, then went looking for it, and it was not showing up. 

Message 90 of 95

Hey there, @bennetttechs

There is an option for a mobile check deposit through your Point of Sale app, if that is what you're interested in. Here is a an FAQ Article with some more information. 

That would be the best option to complete what you're looking for. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Kassi
Message 91 of 95

Is there fees associated with transferring money to square from your linked bank account.  

Message 92 of 95

Welcome back to the Community, @Mrtechnology

If you're looking into the manual or Instant Transfers, there would be an additional 1.5% fee on the transfer. 

Take a look at this Support Article with some more information on Instant Transfers and how to manage them. 

Using Manual Transfers would not have any additional fees added to the transfer. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Message 93 of 95

I have the add money button on app and the Square debit . It tells me Once More Payments Come In We Will Unlock the Add Money feature. Is there a set number of payments you must recieve to unlock Add Money 

My friend had $0 Sales and her Add Money feature worked 

So not sure if they select random accounts 

Message 94 of 95

Hello @poorfolks365 ,

Thanks for reaching out to The Seller Community. For this inquiry you will need to reach out to the Square Banking Team they will be able to confirm that for you as we are not given that information. You can reach them at 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport Monday through Friday from 6 am - 6 pm PST. If you need anything else feel free to reach out. 

Message 95 of 95