x

Can I transfer / deposit funds from my bank to my Square Card?

This title of this thread has been updated from "How do I route deposits to Square Card?"

Hello, how do I route my deposits to my Square Card? I tried to change my debit card to my Square Card but I got a message saying that I did not need to do change my card.

Message 1 of 95
2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: How to add funds to Square Card?

If you’re using the IOS app then use the -White square- point of sales app to add funds with the “add money” button. The -Green square- appointments app won’t show the “add money” button. Hope this helps someone else find the answer faster, as I spent hours researching it but ultimately figured it out myself. 

Verified Answer

Re: How to add funds to Square Card?

Wanted to provide an update to this thread since you can add funds to your Square balance now for your Square Card!

Here's the steps from our Support Center:

Adding Funds from the app:

1. Tap the three horizontal lines > Balance.
  2. Select Add money.
  3. Enter the amount to transfer.
  4. In the Source field, you can review the last three digits of your linked bank account.
  5. Once you’ve confirmed the transfer details, tap Add.

Adding funds from the Dashboard:

1. Sign in to the Balance section of your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Click the Overview tab > Add money.
  4. In the Source field, you can review the last three digits of your linked bank account or add a new one.
3 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

If you're still subscribed to this thread, and missed the introduction of this feature earlier this year, I'm here to let you know that this is possible! If you haven't already learned how to transfer funds from your bank to your Square Card using a linked debit card, head over to this article to learn more.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 65 of 95
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Wanted to provide an update to this thread since you can add funds to your Square balance now for your Square Card!

Here's the steps from our Support Center:

Adding Funds from the app:

2. Select Add money.
  4. In the Source field, you can review the last three digits of your linked bank account.

Adding funds from the Dashboard:

4. In the Source field, you can review the last three digits of your linked bank account or add a new one.
Ashley C

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 95

Best Answer

UPDATE! If you, like me, have payments coming in VIA a POS (reader) AND through a web browser, you must establish a payment history BEFORE that "Add Funds" button will appear. Apparently if you take payments through a reader AND via online (invoices, website payments, etc..) it takes longer to appear than if you were only using a reader.

View Best Answer >

Message 88 of 95
94 REPLIES 94
Alumni

Hi @2Gun - I've merged your post with a thread on the same topic. Check out VanKalkerFarms' answer above for more info on your question.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 43 of 95

I have my Square Card, it's linked to my bank account. Why can't I transfer money from my bank to my card? With my PayPal card not only can I do this, it automatically draws from my Bank account of I don't have enough funds in my PayPal account. Mine is a small business, so only 1/3 of my transactions are from charges, the rest is from checks.

I'm not sure why this isn't a feature with Square, Paypal has it.

I continue to come across problems with this platform that tell the people designing it, do not use it. Very frustrating 

Message 44 of 95

Hey there, @ryanspeth

Thank you for reaching out about adding funds to your Square Card. 

I have moved your post to a thread where other sellers have made a similar Feature Request. This will add your voice to the request. Keep your eyes open for our Product Updates with upcoming launches. 

In the meantime, you will only be able to add funds to the Square Card through accepting card payments. 

Kassi
Message 45 of 95

Can you transfer money to Your Square, Card or can you deposit money to your Square card

Message 46 of 95

Welcome to the Community, @MrsLadyBlackmon

Taking a payment through Square would be the only way to add funds to your Square Card. Right now, there isn't another method to add funds. 

Thank you!

Kassi
Message 47 of 95

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "How to deposit funds to square card?" The author has been notified via email.

How to deposit funds into my square card?

Message 48 of 95

I was wondering where i can find my routing and account info or a way to load cash transactions to my square card

Message 49 of 95
Super Seller Alumni

The short answer is that you can't do that.  The only way your Card account increases is when you process charged/debited sales.

Judy T Shumway
Message 50 of 95

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Can I deposit a government check into my square account" The author has been notified via email.

Can I deposit a government check into my square account..

Message 51 of 95

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Does my square debit card have to be linked to my registered bank account?

How does the square debit card work? Do my sales have to be deposited into my registered bank account in order to use it?

Message 52 of 95
Admin

Hello @makaturquoise! I'm adding your post to this thread where other sellers have answered questions about how Square Card works.

Once you activate your card when you accept a payment your funds will be available for you to spend with your Square Card. When Your Square Card is active your deposits won't go to your linked bank account until you manually deposit them.

I hope this helps clarify but if you have any other questions let me know! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 53 of 95

I am wanting to use my square card as a business account . Can I add money onto the card ? 

Message 54 of 95
Super Seller Alumni

Currently, the only way to get funds into your Square Card account is by processing charge/debit card sales.  You cannot transfer money into the account by any other means.

Judy T Shumway
Message 55 of 95
Beta Member

Would you be able to deposit a check or transfer to the card from a bank account?

Message 56 of 95
Alumni

@tycandleguy - Well, you can't deposit a check directly to the Square Card. However, you can transfer funds from a linked debit card to your Square Balance which is accessible from the Square Card. Steps below:

Add funds from the Square app:

2. Select Add money.
  4. In the Source field, you can review the last four digits of your linked debit card or add a new one.

Add funds from your online Square Dashboard:

4. In the Source field, you can review the last four digits of your linked debit card or add a new one.

I hope this helps!

Justin
Message 57 of 95
Alumni

@Ra15

Looping you in for visibility! I hope the best answer above finds you well 🙂

Justin
Message 58 of 95

I've tried those steps many times but it does not work. The only option I have, is to transfer money to my bank account from the sales I've made on square but I can't transfer money to my square card from my bank. 

Message 59 of 95

How can I add money to my square card and activated

Message 60 of 95

Hi @searyder88,

I moved your post to an existing thread for this question.

Check out @JustinC 's answer above for more details on how to add funds to your Square Card.

In the future- don't hesitate to search your question first in the search tool before making a new post for your quickest answer!

Ashley C
Message 61 of 95

I am trying to add Money from My bank account to my square card. There is a bottom to do it and a daily limit that I am not exceeding. What am I doing wrong?

Message 62 of 95
Alumni

Hmm, I think I know the issue you're running into - Have you tried tapping the amount field and enter a dollar amount? The add money button will only activate once an amount is entered to transfer. 

@RAYA

Justin
Message 63 of 95