x

Can I transfer / deposit funds from my bank to my Square Card?

This title of this thread has been updated from "How do I route deposits to Square Card?"

Hello, how do I route my deposits to my Square Card? I tried to change my debit card to my Square Card but I got a message saying that I did not need to do change my card.

Message 1 of 95
2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: How to add funds to Square Card?

If you’re using the IOS app then use the -White square- point of sales app to add funds with the “add money” button. The -Green square- appointments app won’t show the “add money” button. Hope this helps someone else find the answer faster, as I spent hours researching it but ultimately figured it out myself. 

Verified Answer

Re: How to add funds to Square Card?

Wanted to provide an update to this thread since you can add funds to your Square balance now for your Square Card!

Here's the steps from our Support Center:

Adding Funds from the app:

1. Tap the three horizontal lines > Balance.
  2. Select Add money.
  3. Enter the amount to transfer.
  4. In the Source field, you can review the last three digits of your linked bank account.
  5. Once you’ve confirmed the transfer details, tap Add.

Adding funds from the Dashboard:

1. Sign in to the Balance section of your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Click the Overview tab > Add money.
  4. In the Source field, you can review the last three digits of your linked bank account or add a new one.
3 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

If you're still subscribed to this thread, and missed the introduction of this feature earlier this year, I'm here to let you know that this is possible! If you haven't already learned how to transfer funds from your bank to your Square Card using a linked debit card, head over to this article to learn more.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 65 of 95
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Wanted to provide an update to this thread since you can add funds to your Square balance now for your Square Card!

Here's the steps from our Support Center:

Adding Funds from the app:

1. Tap the three horizontal lines > Balance.
  2. Select Add money.
  4. In the Source field, you can review the last three digits of your linked bank account.

Adding funds from the Dashboard:

1. Sign in to the Balance section of your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Click the Overview tab > Add money.
  4. In the Source field, you can review the last three digits of your linked bank account or add a new one.
Ashley C

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 95

Best Answer

UPDATE! If you, like me, have payments coming in VIA a POS (reader) AND through a web browser, you must establish a payment history BEFORE that "Add Funds" button will appear. Apparently if you take payments through a reader AND via online (invoices, website payments, etc..) it takes longer to appear than if you were only using a reader.

View Best Answer >

Message 88 of 95
94 REPLIES 94

Is it possible to add cash to your square card like a green dot card?

Message 22 of 95

Wondering if there’s a way to transfer fund from my bank to square?

Message 23 of 95

I'm so sure I'm not the only one that had the exact same question. The answer is surprisingly very simple. if your card is active then the money is already onothe card there is no need to do anything else to verify what your balance is on your card click on the deposit link then at the top of the next screen you're going to see a number it'll say balance that is the amount that's already on your card. 

Message 24 of 95

Thank you im very loyal to the buisness

Message 25 of 95

I am considering getting the square business card but wanted to know if I can add funds to this card from my bank account as well. When I order my products I have always done it thru my personal bank account and not all of my customers pay thru sqaure so I was wanting to know about this

Message 26 of 95
Super Seller

The Square card is for paying via credit card from the balance in your Square credit card transactions collected.  There is not a way to transfer money to your Square balance.

Message 27 of 95

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How to transfer from my debit card to my square care card

How to transfer money from my debit card to square card

Message 28 of 95
Super Seller Alumni

You can't transfer money to your Square Card.  The balance on your Card is only increased when you make charged/debited sales.

Judy T Shumway
Message 29 of 95

Are the funds from invoices paid via email sent to your square card? If not is there no way to transfer that money to your card. 

Message 30 of 95

Can I transfer funds from my personal bank account to my square acct ?

Message 31 of 95

Hi @Christel,

This question has been asked before in the Community so I moved your post to an existing thread where the answer is!

Ashley C
Message 32 of 95

I need to pay my office rent. They do not take credit cards. Wondering if the USPS will take the debit Square business card for purchasing a money order to send to my business landlord

Message 33 of 95
Super Seller

Hello @KTG !

As far as I know, there shouldn't be any issue using your Square card at the post office for money orders. I use my card all the time for postage for shipping products, so I doubt there would be any difference.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 34 of 95

Does anyone know if you can deposit into the card? Like cash sales? 

Message 35 of 95
Super Seller Alumni

The only source of funds to your Square card is the sales that you process as charged/debited.  You cannot transfer funds from anywhere else onto that Card.

Judy T Shumway
Message 36 of 95

My sales are from charge and debit

Message 37 of 95

How to load square MasterCard with deposits

Message 38 of 95
Super Seller

once you activate your square card all your transactions will go onto your Square Card balance and stay there until you manually choose to deposit to your bank. 

you can see your balance and manually initiate a deposit to your bank account here. https://squareup.com/dashboard/deposits/square-card

you can see your transactions here.  https://squareup.com/dashboard/sales/transactions

you can see your deposits to your bank here.  https://squareup.com/dashboard/deposits/overview

Message 39 of 95

Do you have ability to deposit cash payments directly to the square MasterCard? Or does it have to go through a bank account?

Message 40 of 95

Hi @Itsalongfence - Welcome to the Seller Community!

Thank you for reaching out about this feature of our Square Card. Right now, the only way to add funds to your card would be to take transactions through Square. Those will automatically get added to the balance on the card. 

This would be a great feature request and we appreciate the feedback!

Kassi
Message 41 of 95

Any help

Message 42 of 95