x

Can I transfer / deposit funds from my bank to my Square Card?

This title of this thread has been updated from "How do I route deposits to Square Card?"

Hello, how do I route my deposits to my Square Card? I tried to change my debit card to my Square Card but I got a message saying that I did not need to do change my card.

Message 1 of 95
2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: How to add funds to Square Card?

If you’re using the IOS app then use the -White square- point of sales app to add funds with the “add money” button. The -Green square- appointments app won’t show the “add money” button. Hope this helps someone else find the answer faster, as I spent hours researching it but ultimately figured it out myself. 

Verified Answer

Re: How to add funds to Square Card?

Wanted to provide an update to this thread since you can add funds to your Square balance now for your Square Card!

Here's the steps from our Support Center:

Adding Funds from the app:

1. Tap the three horizontal lines > Balance.
  2. Select Add money.
  3. Enter the amount to transfer.
  4. In the Source field, you can review the last three digits of your linked bank account.
  5. Once you’ve confirmed the transfer details, tap Add.

Adding funds from the Dashboard:

1. Sign in to the Balance section of your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Click the Overview tab > Add money.
  4. In the Source field, you can review the last three digits of your linked bank account or add a new one.
3 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

If you're still subscribed to this thread, and missed the introduction of this feature earlier this year, I'm here to let you know that this is possible! If you haven't already learned how to transfer funds from your bank to your Square Card using a linked debit card, head over to this article to learn more.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 65 of 95
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Wanted to provide an update to this thread since you can add funds to your Square balance now for your Square Card!

2. Select Add money.
  4. In the Source field, you can review the last three digits of your linked bank account.

4. In the Source field, you can review the last three digits of your linked bank account or add a new one.
Ashley C

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 95

Best Answer

UPDATE! If you, like me, have payments coming in VIA a POS (reader) AND through a web browser, you must establish a payment history BEFORE that "Add Funds" button will appear. Apparently if you take payments through a reader AND via online (invoices, website payments, etc..) it takes longer to appear than if you were only using a reader.

View Best Answer >

Message 88 of 95
94 REPLIES 94

The title of this thread has been updated from: "Deposits how with a square card"

O just wanted to find out how I can I a deposit with checks 

Message 2 of 95
Alumni

Hi @TMG1 - Currently, there isn't a way to add funds to your Square Card. The balance on your account is funded from the payments you receive when accepting card payments through Point of Sale. Hope that clarifies things for you!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 3 of 95

I want to add money to my square account. I’ve done it a few times before. When I try to it will not let put a dollar amount in. What it wrong?

Message 4 of 95

Hey @BarbeeJ,

I moved your post to an existing thread that details the steps on how to add funds to your Square Card.

Check out my Best Answer above. 

Ashley C
Message 5 of 95

Best Answer

2. Select Add money.

Ashley C
Message 6 of 95

What do I do if "add money" is not an option under "balance"?  I only have "transfer to bank".

Message 7 of 95

HI there, @YellowDragonfly - are you using the mobile Point of Sale app to attempt to add funds, or are you using the Online Dashboard?

Joe
Message 8 of 95

Mobile point of sale app.  I do most everything on my phone, either app based or browser.  Otherwise I use an iPad.  (Running Android on my phone currently.)

Message 9 of 95

Got it. Would you be able to show a screenshot of the options you are seeing here? Also, can you make sure your app is running its most up to date version of its software? Thank you, @YellowDragonfly

Joe
Message 10 of 95

I don’t see an option to add an attachment in the options here, just text editing, or add a hyperlink—using either the phone browser or the iPad.  And the app is updated to the latest version.  

Message 11 of 95

D77DD9D6-A6C7-4498-8527-1DD55F87BA81.jpeg
signing in helps!  I had switched devices, and hadn’t logged in.

Message 12 of 95

Thanks for that, @YellowDragonfly - are you seeing the option once you click on Square Card at the bottom? 

Joe
Message 13 of 95

No. 

Lock card

Show card details

Add to Google Pay

Billing address

Change Pin

Get help with card

Under Get Help, I have options for lost, stolen, or never received the card.  Nothing for adding funds.

Message 14 of 95

Sounds like I need to have a few more card transactions before the "add money" feature poems up for me.  I've been taking a good number of cash payments, but only a couple of card payments.  It would really be nice to add the equivalent of the cash from my bank to my card, while I'm still building the business.  Once I get the card transactions, it will be less of an issue for me to want to add money from my bank.

Message 15 of 95

When adding money from linked debit card to square balance, is it instant? Like funds are available right away? 

Message 16 of 95

Hi! Welcome to the Seller Community!! Yes, it is nearly instant. Once adding funds is successful, funds will appear in your Square balance within 15 minutes. You’re able to add up to $2,000 a day. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 17 of 95

When I sign in and go to Balance, the option to Add Money is not there.  Same issue with the Dashboard.

Message 18 of 95
Alumni

Yikes, reach out to our CS Team so an advocate can pinpoint the issue you're experiencing. 

@dadsseasonings

Justin
Message 19 of 95

I don't have the "Add Funds" button. I have a linked checking and linked debit card. What am I missing? I am even on the phone with square customer service and she says I cannot do this at all... I am so confused with all this cash that I need on my card! HELP ME PLEASE! I am so lost.

Message 20 of 95

If you’re using the IOS app then use the -White square- point of sales app to add funds with the “add money” button. The -Green square- appointments app won’t show the “add money” button. Hope this helps someone else find the answer faster, as I spent hours researching it but ultimately figured it out myself. 

Message 21 of 95